Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pyrotechnic powders

SRESAL

My comments were mostly directed to daawood (sp?)...

No worries... just trying to share some info.

Flash is the easiest thing to make, but it's also the most dangerous and unforgiving. Rolling your own stars, and building shells is the most rewarding part of the hobby... and a whole lot safer.

If you are a "thump junkie" and just love that BOOM... you can easily get carried away and start to go overboard. I suffer from that weakness myself.

There are many clubs out there, with great people with a lot of experience who can educate you properly. Don't rely on the internet for proper instruction. Those old timers are an endless resource in this particular hobby.

If you do find yourself drawn to it... also consider joining Passfire. It's the greatest resource on the internet for manufacturing.

well listen up matey, i dont make bombs from sparklers, and im pretty sure of what im doing most of the time, and i aint a kid. iv just about had enough of people thinking im that 11 year old danoon kid, iv never made flash, i just buy flash paper, saves me all the trouble of making it.

also, im pretty sure i read somewhere that mixing p chlorate and sulfur can make a pretty dangerous mix, not too sure though.

note, what does "(sp?)" mean

daguin

Everyone settle down

When dealing with safety issues the "default" should ALWAYS be to err on the side of caution

Getting upset with that default only displays a lack of understanding this basic rule

Peace,
dave

Last edited: