Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pyromania!

Things

haha!!!theres always somrthing to go wrong! some of those fireworks are loud enough to make you deaf for a while!! haha there is one time i saw, a firework didn't explode in time in the air, and it came back down and exploded on the people lighting it, that was pretty funny, but luckily no one got hurt!

Ashton

I love fire, one reason I love lasers, but I've learned to keep it in check, I really do have pyromania and have had it since as far back as I can remember. I love playing with snap powder and flash powder, and I'd love to get my pyrotechnics lisence, but I cant find anyplace nearby that does it... I've seen those "fireworks" recipies by jolly and some of those are jsut plain stupid... though lots of interseting things in there that are more safe...

Things

fireworks are illegal here in aust, so i can't play with anything, the best i can do is pour turps on a fire ;D ;D ;D

Hey Styropyro, here's a story for you.

One day I was looking at how to make fireworks and looking homemade fireworks videos up on Youtube when I came across a video of a laser burning stuff. Needless to say, I was intrigued, so I watched a couple more then came across the one in which you show how to make a burning laser. Then, following your advice, I came here and have since changed my obsession from making fireworks to lasers! Thanks!!! ;D ;D I'm really having a blast reading all this stuff and trying to make my own lasers!

Mountaineer said:
Hey Styropyro, here's a story for you.

One day I was looking at how to make fireworks and looking homemade fireworks videos up on Youtube when I came across a video of a laser burning stuff.  Needless to say, I was intrigued, so I watched a couple more then came across the one in which you show how to make a burning laser.  Then, following your advice, I came here and have since changed my obsession from making fireworks to lasers!  Thanks!!! ;D ;D  I'm really having a blast reading all this stuff and trying to make my own lasers!
Haha, I remember making some of the tags for that video being pyro things like potassium perchlorate, aerial shells, etc lol. I do have some pyro videos of little stuff I've made on that account, but I'm glad I got someone to join with the laser video!

Gazoo

styro,
What happened to that very contaminated bucket of water... ;D Did you blow a nice hole in the bottom of it.. ;D

It still works, no hole yet! The scary thing is when I drop a soda can in it the next day the bottom of the can will be dissolved out!

naplam

I used to make my own fireworks when I was 16-18. I have since dropped the hobby, but it was fun while it lasted. I made firecrackers, smoke bombs, fuses... the most common gunpowder i made was potassium chlorate + sulfur + carbon +magnesium. But I tried lots of combinations, potassium permanganate, sugar, picric acid... i synthesized picric acid in my school lab in fact... I also tried to make RDX but i tried to synthesize hexamine (my school lab had methilamine, nitric acid and pretty much everything, you could even make dru.gs there with the right knowledge lol), and i guess that step failed because i didn't get rdx in the end. I also made an electronic timer/"detonator", but i only used it a couple of times, fuses are more handy. Oh and hydrochloric acid bombs... that's similar to dry ice bombs, but you put HCl and aluminum then close the bottle and throw it away. Me and my friends had lots of fun with that, we'd be making them every other day. I also tried to make thermite once but i failed, it was a very small quantity it was windy and i screwed up trying to light it with the magnesium. Hmm now that i come to think of it, i still have 1L of nitromethane at home somewhere... i should dispose of it or something.

naplam said:
potassium chlorate + sulfur
:eek: Your lucky you never had anything go off by mixing that! But if you don't need your nitromethane and you don't feel the need to make any high explosives, sell it on eBay, you can get some good money for that stuff.

naplam

I always kept gunpowder unmixed until the day i'd use it and i kept it dry at all times with silica gel bags. Anyway the sulfur was not really essential but it enhanced the mixture, i sometimes made odorless powder by using just carbon and chlorate in the right proportion.

The only time i had a firecracker go off (almost in my hands!) was when i tried to make a fuse in a pinch without the right stuff to make it. It was windy and i didn't see the fuse burning but it was actually burning internally, then suddenly the thing exploded and the metal windshield of the lighter hit me in the nose and I could hear a high-pitched sound for the following day or so. Also, my hand felt weird like being stepped on. I was lucky it was nothing more than that.

hahaha PYRO is what you want? Ill get some pics and videos posted of my good buddy Scott. He spend a couple months machining a home-made flamethrower....

Im not screwing around, this is like a bone-fied, insanely complex but DEFINATELY effective flame thrower.

You'll understand more when i post the pics haha.

Things

ya they are illegal here too :'( :'( :'( :'( i used to play with little roman candle things i used to make, but then 9/11 happened, and i sold all my supplies ;D ;D ;Dshhhh ;D

Fireworks are illegal here, too. Too bad, since the design of new patterns can be fun! Yes, I'm a pyro.
Anarchist's cookbook? I looked at it and could see the explosions. Many of the so-called instructional information was designed to blow up in your face or leave you and others in the hospital. It's a cheap way to draw in kids, and an ugly way for them to learn their lesson.