Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Putting a Face on Abject Blatant Stupidity

As Posted Thu, Apr 19 2012 - LaserPointerSafety.com
US: Calif. teen charged under new federal law; faces 10 year prison term | Aviation incidents, Arrests, FAA criminal charges | LaserPointerSafety.com
attachment.php

Gardenhire’s photo on Facebook, according to the blog LA Weekly.com

Adam Gardenhire, 18, was charged on April 18 2012 with lasing a Cessna Citation jet and a Pasadena police helicopter on March 29, as previously reported on LaserPointerSafety.com. He was charged with two federal counts of aiming a “commercial-grade”* green laser pointer at an aircraft, under a provision of the FAA reauthorization legislation signed by President Barack Obama in mid-February 2012. According to news reports, this is the second U.S. case where a person has been charged under the new law. The first person was Orlando resident Glenn Stephen Hansen.

A post on Gardenhire’s Facebook page just before the federal charge said he was going to the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in LA: “Twin towers tomorrow... Not looking forward !!!:/ whats poppin though?=)”. A post afterwards said “There on to me o_O”. On Facebook, he stated his Activity as “graffing” (complex graffiti) and his Interests as “Bitches and hoes”.

Attachments

• adam-gardenhire-laser.png
    adam-gardenhire-laser.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,424
Last edited:

Funny... he even looks like a "I'm Cool, Bad and intelligent" clueless
Moron... They should throw the book at the idiotic knucklehead...

I have no sympathy for stupid...

Jerry

Last edited:
stupid idiot. Hope they make an example out of him. When a plane crashes and they shut down all these sites people are going to say I told you so. Which is going to be crap b/c we aren't like that guy.

Benm

Seems like a proper idiot indeed...

But the again, 10 years in prison? What will they do to some that actually manage to cause an aircraft to crash using a laser - 50.000 years in purgatory?

Seems like a proper idiot indeed...

But the again, 10 years in prison? What will they do to some that actually manage to cause an aircraft to crash using a laser - 50.000 years in purgatory?

Being lenient on people who knowing break a law is a main reason our country is the crap it is today. The law didnt state 10 years only if someone crashes. If it was like that we would have people who think as long as they dont hit someone in the eyes and make them crash it will be ok. Then there would most likely be a crash after that mentality gets out.

btw from what the show Supernatural makes Purgatory out to be i would never want to go there:D You know, if you even could of course...

Last edited:
"Interests: Bitches and Hoes".... well, he'll be happy in prison because he sure will be falling in to one of those two categories!

"What are you in for?" "I pointed a laser at a plane and cop copter"... yeah that'l end sorely. (pun intended :crackup: )

As I have said before, it's not the people on sites like LPF that I worry about - it's the other 312,000,000 who might get their hands on 'our' lasers.

Fiddy

Wow 10 years, if it goes through, thats more than 2x the sentence a bloke in Australia got (4 years jail)