Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pseudonomen137 & the defamation of Dragonlasers

Re: Pseudonomen137 & the defamation of Dragonlaser

Gazoo said:
So you haven't sent these back yet I presume. Why not, with DL's permission, send them directly to Greg, and let Greg test them before they are sent back. I don't know...it's just a thought...

Dang, that WOULD have been a great idea. Unfortunately they already arrived back at DL yesterday morning (at least that's what the tracking number indicates, I'm still waiting on DL to respond and issue my friend his refund)

Gazoo

Interesting...then it should not be too long till we hear back from DL after they test them.. Good luck with your friends refund.. :)

Frosty

Well I think its great to have yet another company rep on here. As you can see from this thread with DL or in other threads with other companies there are times when the rep will here abotu an issue and get teh ball rolling to fix it. Also companies can get much needed feedback on issues as they begin to happen as well as advice from customers on what they want to see, ex. Optronics asking what we would like to see in the optics bundles.

pseudonomen-you have an incredible knowledge about lasers, and every post i read has valuable information in it. Some are also very entertaning, lol.

I say welcome DL glad to have you here.

To our forum members lets give em a chance, maybe with our feedback some past issues can be buried.

T

timelord

I'll drink to that Frosty [smiley=beer.gif]

Daedal

Agreed Frosty :)

Cheers;
DDL

#2 - Yeah, the shipping costs can kill you. If you just decided you don't want/can't afford the laser, sure, you should have to pay shipping. If you received a product that fails to meet spec from the start, the customer should not be responsible for the shipping out of their own pocket.

Hear (here), Hear (here) to that!. If it does not work out of the box, the customer should not have to pay to return it and the company should refund the cost of return when the laser is returned and they establish that it does not work. I am surprised in some ways that this is not a 'hotter' issue on the forums (fora?) given the somewhat contrariness of even the best (green) lasers.

Amazing --- My long post here is gone-------

I'm sure it's at this end ---- I'll try to remember all.

Mike

Thank you Pseudo ---

I get confused here sometimes with so many posts. Your efforts serve to improve the products we buy and that is important.

Mike

Senkat
-thanks for offering to test the lasers. I appreciate that and would have complete faith in any tests you'd do. In this case though, sending the lasers to you would not prove anything. If DL were scamming people, we could just switch lasers, repair them, modify them etc before shipping to you.

-the same thing goes for the feedback i'll give here once i get the tests results from our technicians. If DL were scammers, i would just write bogus results. So at this stage, what ever Pseudonomen137 or I write can only be taken at face value.

RobTheVIP
-a person/company does not need to have large sales/turn over etc to be a competitor. The local dime shop for example is a competitor for Walmart because they sell products that meet the same needs of the same market.

-Pseuodonomen137 does buy significant quantities of lasers from CNI (i know the exact amount from working with CNI) and he regularly makes deals both on and off this forum. That by pretty much every definition makes him a competitor.

Update:

At the very least, I have to give DragonLasers credit for their service. They stayed true to their word and sent the refund, and the RMA process was conducted flawlessly.

In their e-mail I was told the test results were 119 and 127mW 60 sec avg at 26 celsius. I tested them in an ~24C environment, so I would not have been overheating them any more than DL. I'm not entirely sure how to interpret their results though. On one hand, the 119mW figure admits that one of the lasers was underspec, but on the other hand I'm extremely doubtful of the 127. Assuming you these numbers are really what you tested DL, I would highly suggest you get your meter re-calibrated. Both my LaserCheck and FieldMax are within their calibration period, and both agree with each other on their readings.

As for me being a competitor, sure, I guess its entirely valid to say that. I've just never really considered myself a real company with real competition. I really don't feel that gives me bias against you though. I'm very open to not only admitting the flaws of the CNI black/gold lasers to my 'customers', but I've also come to trust (and sometimes recommend) Novalasers, who would then technically be my competitior. I don't ever recommend DL though, but I'm hoping by now I need not drone on with my reasoning anymore.

ixfd64

I don't want to get involved in any conflicts or anything, but I'll have to stand with Pseudonomen137.

Also, I've heard reports that when Dragon Lasers runs out of, say, 95 mW lasers, it'll give 75 mW lasers to those who ordered 95 mW, knowing that most people don't have power meters. If I am correct, that would be a scam.

However, I'd also like to hear DL's side of the story.

Got my RMA number and all
shipped it back.  Another $50 down the drain.
Canada post: $50 (cheapest option with tracking number)
UPS: $150 (cheapest option with tracking number)

honestly I don't understand how UPS is still in business...
Unbelieveable shipping out fees.  Unbelieveable receiving fees (customs + "brokerage fee")
Wasted my time going down to ups to check prices.

Gazoo

Yeah, those shipping prices are terrible. But let us know what they do to resolve this for you. In my opinion, they should credit you for the shipping charges since they sent you an under spec unit.. :'(

hehe i think so too
but I don't think they will
same thing on eBay and wickedlasers, buyer pays for return shipping

Justin

Laserglow has actually stopped accepting or sending any UPS shipments because of all the fees (at both ends). I wouldn't recommend anyone ship an international shipment by UPS. Domestic may be different, but for international shipping we have good experiences with FedEx, TNT and the post. UPS is just awful.