Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Price Drop! MXDL Kits with 22600 Battery $32ea Shipped

Re: Price Drop! MXDL Kits with 22600 Battery and Knurled Focus Knob $42ea Shipped

What lens are you using? Host is it too deep for the c6, but good on the MXDL? Does the focus knob not fit the whole way down to the heatsink on the C6? I can make one that will fit down in. That would be better than threading it half as deep.

Re: Price Drop! MXDL Kits with 22600 Battery and Knurled Focus Knob $42ea Shipped

I see I am not the only one...

I had a similar issue on the custom focus knob you made me. Then I realized that it was not allowing me to screw the lens in far enough to achieve focus.

I ended up pullin the module out about 1/16th of an inch so it wouldn't hit the heat sink. This allowed the lens to thread in far enough to focus without the adapter hitting the heat sink...

For me, this worked. :yh:

I also found that a larger (thicker) focus adapter tends to drift a lot more and the "dot" will jump around while you are trying to focus. I was able to resolve this easily by carefully wrapping a small amount of Teflon tape around the lens threads. Just need to take care not to allow any of the Teflon to wander into the path of the laser itself.

What lens are you using? Host is it too deep for the c6, but good on the MXDL? Does the focus knob not fit the whole way down to the heatsink on the C6? I can make one that will fit down in. That would be better than threading it half as deep.

Ya, if you have the lens threaded the whole way in, it should be snug enough to not need tap. Of course, if you have it adjusted at any other location, it will require some tape to lock it in properly.

Well, it NEVER felt like it may fall off. Still help by plenty of thread in the module. But I like having good control of the beam/spot.

I love my custom focus adapter. Great work from a great guy, at a price I could afford. Who could ask for more?

***Now... where did I put that box of ramen noodles***

Re: Price Drop! MXDL Kits with 22600 Battery $35ea Shipped

Kits available now without focus knobs for $35ea. I need to clean of my shelves, they are too full. ;)

Re: Price Drop! MXDL Kits with 22600 Battery $35ea Shipped

Bump! All 5 remaining kits for $165 shipped or $190 shipped with a knurled focus knob for each!

Price Drop! $32 shipped ea or $160 shipped for the remaining 5 and 2 extra 26600s.

Man I was just thinking about these host earlier when posting where a guy just bought one. These are such nice host.

Thanks. Once I'm out, I'm not getting anymore, so you might as well grab one while it lasts.

So so tempting. The bad thing is I've got more host then lasers to build I've still got all of the ones you made heatsinks for + the 2 I have yet to get + 5 guidesmans that need heatsinks for and 2 mag-lite I need sinks for. I'be go to slow it down on buying these till I can sell a couple.

What is this "Bump!" you speak of? This noob doesn't get it.

I am so excited about this host, thank you. I've got everything but extra wire and a charger/battery already shipping!

I'm going with DTR's dollar coin heatsink mod for this so I can get continuous runtimes!

"Bump" just bumps this thread to the top of the "New posts" list

Whats this dollar coin heat sink mod?