Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Price Drop! MXDL Kits with 22600 Battery $32ea Shipped

What is this "Bump!" you speak of? This noob doesn't get it.

I am so excited about this host, thank you. I've got everything but extra wire and a charger/battery already shipping!

I'm going with DTR's dollar coin heatsink mod for this so I can get continuous runtimes!

This is referring to the driver not the diode. The diode will still have a duty cycle unless you get something like the mass of doom or something with a huge heatsink that mrcrouse sells.

I know...I know. It just sounds cooler though. What say you Mrcouse on the duty cycles of diodes in this host?

Not sure of what kind of runtime you can expect with this. Obviously depends on your output. Probably be okay with 1-2 minutes.

Just received my MXDL kit today. The shipping was very fast and the kit was exactly as pictured.
Great service!
Thanks Mrcrouse.

Thanks! I believe that I have only 1, maybe 2 of these left now.

Thanks Mike! I got mine in the mail the other day. It was packed nicely enough, and I was able to wire it up that night!

I'm just loving this sturdy host. The only problem I am having is getting it to focus with the shorter lens holder when the holder is screwed all the way into the custom knob.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to moved the module out of the heatsink some, or how far to thread it on with tape, etc.

Very Happy Customer! +1 for sure!

Got any left? I can't wait for this stupid custom side clicky anymore...

They are all threaded deep to accommodate long lens barrels. I recommend wrapping the lens in some teflon tape, and setting the lens to the right depth to have a specific focus when you bottom the knob out on the bezel.

Thanks, Micheal. I already have a host. I am waiting on my Ultrafire host to arrive from China, then have the copper heatsink machined for my 405nm build.

Do you know of a tutorial that will instruct me on how to adjust the depth of the lens in the barrel? All I have ATM is a short lens barrel that DTR sent with my diode. I'll have to order a long one from him so I can use your knob. What's really disappointing is that the first diode he sent me had the long barrel, but it went back to him. The replacement was with a short barrel.

So, you have no more of these MXDL 3405's left?

How is everyone with this kit heat sinking their drivers? The amazing heatsink with this kit leaves virtually zero space between the bottom of the heat sink and the top of the pill.

I'm mashing a benboost mini in that little pill atm, but it's taped and ugly while I work on machining a fitting driver heatsink.