Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Power Meter

I want to buy a cheap meter so i can see the exact mw of a laser, just curious what my doa 200mw laser of dealextreme really is.
Anyone knows a cheap one?

No such thing.

Your best bet is so look on ebay for good deals on meters with a thermopile head. Expect to pay $200 or more

daguin

GooeyGus said:
No such thing.

Your best bet is so look on ebay for good deals on meters with a thermopile head. Expect to pay $200 or more

Even then, $200 is still very cheap. Check them out new! :eek:

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1214826362/0#1 date=1214830856]No such thing.

Even then, $200 is still very cheap.  Check them out new!  :eek:

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Maybe if you get dave to chant and jump around for you, you'll find a good deal  :eek:

(that HD-DVD player gets here today... hehe)

Actually... I just checked ups. I think you stopped chanting. It hit "adverse weather conditions" in seattle. Even though it was 80 and sunny all day. :(

daguin

GooeyGus said:
Maybe if you get dave to chant and jump around for you, you'll find a good deal :eek:

Actually... I just checked ups. I think you stopped chanting. It hit "adverse weather conditions" in seattle. Even though it was 80 and sunny all day. :(

Maybe it was a "storm" in the office. ;)

Actually, if it had to go through Northern California, there are lots of road closures and delays right now (and may be for months). the fire season isn't even in full swing yet :(

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1214826362/0#3 date=1214832255]
Maybe if you get dave to chant and jump around for you, you'll find a good deal  :eek:

Actually... I just checked ups. I think you stopped chanting. It hit "adverse weather conditions" in seattle. Even though it was 80 and sunny all day.  :(

Maybe it was a "storm" in the office. ;)

Actually, if it had to go through Northern California, there are lots of road closures and delays right now (and may be for months).  the fire season isn't even in full swing yet  :(

Peace,
dave
[/quote]

Ahh that could be it... because it never said it had 'arrived' in seattle. I just said "seattle, WA -- adverse weather delay" so I'm guessing that means a delay on the way to seattle. Poopie.

Zom-B

Nose around on the forum. I scored myself a second hand DIY power meter for just above $100

There is a Laserbee LPM on Ebay right now selling for $150.00. Just key in Laser Power Meters & scroll down to the 6th entry, comes with a thermopile head also. There's 2 & a half days left on the auction for that item. Please PM me if this helps you out, I'd be interested to know. Thanks phoenix77/rob :cool: PS, This LPM is NOT used it is brand new, & there are various reviews of this meter on the Forum ;)

yeah, about that, so if your interested, if I were you, I'd place a bid now ;)