Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

You sure seem to spend a lot of time in the air over there, Chris. Can't say I envy you, though. Be careful and stay safe. I've lost too many friends in the last couple of years.

ybgT5Bbl.jpg

Old film camera lens I have that has fluorescent paint. Looks pretty cool under UV.

oavzdZbl.jpg

My helmet lit from the outside with my 445 laser, and from the inside with my 635 laser. I like the way the blue laser highlights the pattern, and the contrast between the red and blue light.

Edit: Added direct link for the helmet photo since compression ruins it a bit. https://i.imgur.com/oavzdZb.jpg

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very cool stuff, Bruce!
If you don't mind me asking, how do you get in to watch something like this? :thinking:

Reactions: GSS
Thanks guys!

Bowtieguy - Here is how it was done. (I did the same two summers ago with the Summer show). I purchased my ticket to the 11:00AM show and I also purchase the 9:30AM "Radio City "Behind the Scenes Tour" which takes you all thru the building and its history and is well worth it. Because the 11AM show is the first of the day (sometimes 4 shows a day) they have to test everything. When I did it two summers ago, our tour group of about 15 people sat in the the top while they were testing everything so it was easy to photograph. I just didn't pay attention to the tour guide and photographed.This time when the tour was going on they gave us a 5 minute bathroom break. This was outside the doors to get into the actual theater in one of the top sections. I looked thru the glass window and saw they were testing. I took a few pics thru the glass, and figured f*ck it, and went thru the door into the theater and started to photograph.I would have liked to walk down to the front row center in the balcony but did not want to get in trouble if caught. I quickly took some normal wide angle and fisheye shots and got back to the group in within 5 minutes. It was so intense, as you could see in the pics it was an empty Radio except for a few technicians and the patterns all around. That is how I got the pics. I can't wait until they do the Summer Show this year and I will repeat the process. And the way they use all of this tech in the show is visually stunning and more eye candy to photograph

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Bruce, thanks for your excellent, detailed answer; it seems that your somewhat clandestine activities were definitely worth the effort, as the results are fantastic! :D
I like your f*ck it attitude, Bruce, without it we'd have missed out on these unique photos, keep up the good work. :eg:

Here are a few I took at the Summer Show when testing the screens and mapping in 2016. They were posted here but because of Photobucket they are gone. A nice comparison between the two years. This years tech was much impressive as if you check out the resolution of the screens from the two different years, this years is a crazy 8064x3456. I had read in one of their press releases that they have the largest indoor screen at that resolution in the world. And this year they were able to project on the walls and ceiling in the entire theater from front to back. Intense stuff. Unfortunetly for me during the show I could not see all of this unless I turned around and I actually saw very little of the 3D projections behind me

DSC_6080 resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6081 resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6070 resize by brucemir, on Flickr

Yeah, we are all grateful to Photobucket. I get emails from them several times a week to go back to use my account, but I backed up all my photos and never use online apps as a backup. That is a very high resolution screen they had there.

Hi Paul,
I keep all of my photos in hi res and resized on a 4TB portable HD. I put almost all of my stuff on flickr so I have access to my photo library anywhere I am connected (which is almost everywhere). And now with Flickr to post pics here on LPF, a few clicks, a copy and paste, and it is done!

Somehow I got the impression you didn't backup your photos. Maybe it was because of some Photobucket ones that got deleted. Glad to hear you don't rely on these online services to backup all your valuable photos.

Hi Paul,
The only thing I had on Photobucket was low res 800x600 versions of photos that were only posted on LPF. When I started posting pics here 5 years ago, Photobucket was free and did what I needed to post on LPF. It is the same with all of my music. It is all on hard drives and physical copies.

Last edited:
Same here, Bruce. I keep all my music on discs and hard drives. I also have Spotify Free for the huge mass of music on there. I have it connected to my stereo too so I can listen to just about everything that's ever been out there.....and at no cost. :yh:

diachi

Nice pictures Brucemir! :beer:

Don't think I posted this one here. Took this in Whati, NWT, just before I got on the plane (pictured) to go home. Ended up being just me and the pilot on the plane. Whilst I was waiting to leave an older guy approached me to ask if I was going to Yellowknife. He had a large bag of dried fish that he wanted me to deliver to his wife. He had missed the cutoff for cargo. Couldn't find the wife when I arrived in Yellowknife, ended up walking around the terminal asking people if they were expecting a delivery of dried fish. Then, as I left the "terminal" to go get my truck warmed up some guy pulled up, hopped out of his truck and somehow knew that I had the dried fish that he was looking for. Strange place...

YmRsyPS.jpg

Full resolution version if anyone wants to see it: https://i.imgur.com/xIyTtpE.jpg

Last edited: