Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your most memerable video games

Noctox

Most memorable when I was younger was Super Mario 64, and C-Dogs (and old DOS game, picture included). If I behaved well, I would get to play C-Dogs with my dad at night- it was a rare treat. My current favorite / most memorable would have to be Portal 1 and 2.

cdogs_composite.png

@ Lotus_Darkrose

Hehehe. DOS, huh? I THINK I remember reading the advertisements for that one long ago in some magazines.

I wonder if it is hosted on any of the abandonware sites? I'll have to check.

Some of MY neighbors might wander in... and think it is training video, or a "Reality TV" journal or something. (I AM a native Texan, and live in a redneck town, BUT I joined the military at 18 and I was away for 22 years - all but 9 years was overseas).

I maintain a legacy DOS P-166 machine that I built. Strictly for those old DOS games. A good one. P-166, 192 Mb RAM, NO modem (what for?), 2 Gb Hard Drive (the most that DOS 6.22 can address), SVGA chip w/ 2 Mb VidRam.

I have 2 official copies of Redneck Rampage still :D Let me look for them, maybe I can send you one.

If it's CD-Rom based, with copy protection and stuff, that might be difficult.

But size doesn't matter. I'm on DSL, so if you can find a host... I can burn to a mastered DOS-readable CD-Rom.

Or wait - you're talking about sending the actual COPY?

Well, just wrap my possum pail around my corn fritters! Thats awful nice!

I don't have paypal (yet)... I ran into this issue today, when working on transacting w/ another forum member. (on another transaction, I just mailed a personal check)

I HAVE to get a paypal account (!) for this forum. But I am putting it off until monday - I last had a paypal account a few years ago, and from what I recall it took a couple of days to finalize.

Again - awful nice, but if you change your mind at the last minute, thats OK, I understand. I'm kind of a "pack-rat" on certain things, myself. At least TEST both your copies to make sure they are BOTH still OK before letting one go.

Last edited:
Retail CD :)

I have to find it, it's around here somewhere. Found my retail cd/case/instructions of Shadow Warrior though haha. "You no mess with Lo Wang!" Classic...

Did DOS games even have copy protection? lol

Last edited:
Yes, some did. I used to be an expert on such things.

I.E. for some abandonware sites, they might post a " Big 'Ole ZIP file " with all of the files from the CD(s), but if you attempt to burn your own copy, it wouldn't work. I encountered that myself JUST ONCE. I researched it, and it was due to some weird copy protection technique, with some skillfully hidden marker on the original CD. I don't remember exactly how it worked.

Asherz

Bomb jack on commodor 64, starfox & Golden eye on Nintendo 64 :)

And can't forget mariokart on 64 :p

Last edited:
( @ Lotus_Darkrose)

I downloaded the manual from http://www.replacementdocs.com/ and it is hilarious. Especially pages 7/8.
(I can't give an exact index, as that is always changing. One can do a search)

Chicken - Chickens really don’t
make good huntin’, ’cause they just
ain’t much of a challenge. Now I
reckon’ ya might be able to get ’em
riled up enough to provide some
decent target practice, but as far as
I’m concerned, theys generally just
a pain in the ass, and is constantly
gettin’ in the way. Nope, if ya ask
me, a chicken is at its best when its
floatin’ way down at the bottom of a
J. Cluck’s Deep Fryin’ vat.

I found a good fan/site for this game:
TOTALLY REDNECK Redneck Rampage, Route 66, and Rides Again, help, Cheats, walkthroughs, cheats, userlevels. Also your premier site for Duke 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood WW2 GI and Nam

To break out of frames and go directly to the Redneck Jokes:
Jokes

Last edited:
You double posted on accident it seems :p

I played the hell out of that game when I bought it. Lots of fun :)
I'll probably go down to the post office on the way back from taking my gf to work and send that to ya.

Ah, I'm eager, but no rush. I can't complain.
:thanks:

I think I fixed the 2x post... (I think?) .... I deleted the 2nd copy

Yeah you got it.

I'll mention (maybe for the 2nd time) one of my all time favorite games. Maniac Mansion for NES.

maniacjc.jpg