Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your Inanimate object LASER victims!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It's my "Goldenstar" lab laser. Here's a LINK to a mini review that I made right after I purchased it in a G.B. by Jmillerdoc.

Radim

The best and THE MOST STUPID (now so funny) was my long toe nail (yeah it was that inanimate part of course) just before I cut it with scissors. :crackup: I once tried to cut it with my Arctic and focussing lens. Crazy idea. Do not try it (unless you train to apply for Darwin Award) - not only it is seriously stupid, but it burns as hell even if you just touch it with the beam. From my experience it lasted just a fraction of second (I did not even plan more anyway and I could not even sustain more). But there was a fine hole through and a lot of smell everywhere in the bathroom.

:crackup: :lasergun: :D

(Sorry no picture -that would be disgusting. :D)

Further various stuff, but no furniture or other home stuff... I like engraving little (almost invisible from one meter or more) signs with hand held portables. My WL EVO did a lot of little signs on various (mostly wooden) stuff (like dead tree branches or so).

Last edited:
I sadly don't have a photo of it, but years ago I was burning things at my desk, and I slipped and ended up putting a 2 inch long burn in a 600$ LCD monitor. Felt like an absolute moron.

Radim

I sadly don't have a photo of it, but years ago I was burning things at my desk, and I slipped and ended up putting a 2 inch long burn in a 600$ LCD monitor. Felt like an absolute moron.

And now, if you had the pic, you could create a meme with like-a-sir face holding your laser next to the monitor burnt. :crackup: Awesome "burn". :)

Last edited:
That's just scary the way people have accidents with these high power lasers. If it wasn't an inanimate object, it could have been an eye or some other part of your anatomy. I always make sure I am in complete control of a laser at all times when it is on, or could be activated. These things wouldn't happen if people put a little more thought into what they were doing.

Radim

That's just scary the way people have accidents with these high power lasers. If it wasn't an inanimate object, it could have been an eye or some other part of your anatomy. I always make sure I am in complete control of a laser at all times when it is on, or could be activated. These things wouldn't happen if people put a little more thought into what they were doing.

Yeah. It is much more important to learn from errors. You cannot exclude them completely (that would be error). You have to be aware you can make error at any time with laser (it keeps my respect when using lasers). You can just learn and reduce the risk as much as possible. That is how I develop my safety protocol. Not only theory, but practical experience and error learning is needed. Even if I do a small error with just potencial theoretical dangerous impacts, I analyze why it happened (e.g. Why was that laser activated and not covered aperture, where in the workflow safety is lacking?) and how to improve my safety procedures to prevent this.

This showed as a very effective way developing safe laserpainting procedures of complex artworks (sometimes it reminds Mission Impossible laser scene - literally). There is little to no room for "real" errors with impacts. Also cameras are expensive and sensitive - burnt CMOS sensor is no pleasure.

Last edited:
Your art is inspiring.. a blend of being safe, and not harming your lasers , yet able to do what you want is hard for most to understand.... Especially w/ handhelds.

My next round of pics will be done with gas lasers--more 'forgiving' with unlimited duty .

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
Sh!7 I thought I was the only one. There’s been a time or 100 I momentarily zapped a tiny inconspicuous spec of varnish of some wood.
That’s funny.
Those are the most fun, lmao yeah I picture the wood cabinets and drawers having small burn marks on them lol!
I have worked in some nice houses installing window treatments and blinds and stuff gets bumped/scratched/gouged not to mention screw cracks if you don't pre drill hardwoods and next to a box of crayons these are a lifesaver.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Total-Furn...:xjcAAOSwRgZTxY6r:sc:USPSPriority!30083!US!-1

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Total-Furn...:xjcAAOSwRgZTxY6r:sc:USPSPriority!30083!US!-1
Whoa! I didn’t even know those existed, I may have to look into that, keep my girl on my good side, thanks Red :)

This poor spray paint cap gave it's life after receiving a shot of 532nm @3W from about 40'.

atScZno.png
Holy hell! 3 watts of green!? Nice.

The best and THE MOST STUPID (now so funny) was my long toe nail (yeah it was that inanimate part of course) just before I cut it with scissors. :crackup: I once tried to cut it with my Arctic and focussing lens. Crazy idea. Do not try it (unless you train to apply for Darwin Award) - not only it is seriously stupid, but it burns as hell even if you just touch it with the beam. From my experience it lasted just a fraction of second (I did not even plan more anyway and I could not even sustain more). But there was a fine hole through and a lot of smell everywhere in the bathroom.

:crackup: :lasergun: :D

(Sorry no picture -that would be disgusting. :D)

Further various stuff, but no furniture or other home stuff... I like engraving little (almost invisible from one meter or more) signs with hand held portables. My WL EVO did a lot of little signs on various (mostly wooden) stuff (like dead tree branches or so).
Oh god! Yeah I couldn’t imagine how that felt, haha
That’s pretty good that you have never burned furniture, I get the urge far too often, maybe because I like the smell of burning wood. Engraving is definitely fun but I suck at it. Try and post that toe nail. Jk :D

Dang Blarg! Lol that must have burn inside. I did however accidentally burn a small line in my phone from my 405nm build a while back, I’m reminded every time I look at my phone lol!