Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post Your GUN (PICS)

Hi guys, it's been a while since I have been on and posted anything.
I bought a new Squirrel gun a while back, figured since I was here I would share a pic.

IMG_20140806_235014.jpg

That is a Bushmaster BA 50, 50 cal, everybody thinks it's a lefty gun. The bolt handle is on the left and it ejects on the right, it was designed for quick second shot so you don't have to move your right hand. Use your left to rack another shell in and your trigger hand is still on the grip.

I chose this gun because it was 3k less than a comparable Barret, I have been trying to find a range that goes out to 1,000 yards of more. I found 1 but it is private and I am waiting for permission to go there, currently it is sited in at 300 yds.
I love the gun other than the trigger (it sucks) I love shooting it and I don't have to go to a Chiropractor any more I just go shoot it and it gives me a spine realignment every time I pull the trigger.

That is a Bushmaster BA 50, 50 cal, everybody thinks it's a lefty gun. The bolt handle is on the left and it ejects on the right, it was designed for quick second shot so you don't have to move your right hand. Use your left to rack another shell in and your trigger hand is still on the grip.

I love the gun other than the trigger (it sucks) I love shooting it and I don't have to go to a Chiropractor any more I just go shoot it and it gives me a spine realignment every time I pull the trigger.

Wow that's nice looking and a bonus for a lefty like myself. What do you have on it for optics?
And the trigger...seems like on many guns the stock trigger is over looked during design. However in the case of a lot of ARs and SBRs they are "battle designed" hence a heavier trigger pull.
Hope you can fined a 1000yrd range!

I have a Vortex Viper on it, 6-24 x 50 with a lighted Reticle and it is in MRAD instead of MIL DOT, has 4" of eye relief, reticle is first plain. I actually talked to Bushmaster about the trigger and they said that no one makes an after market trigger for it, it feels gritty. They said to have a gun smith work it over, but I took it out and cleaned it up and it seems better, but I haven't had time to go and shoot it since.

As soon as I can afford it I am going to buy a Night force 12 - 42 x 56 and I will put the Vortex on my 7mm.

I have 900 rounds (450 API and 450 Ball) of ammo for it, but when it's dry out I don't shoot it since they are known to start fires.

I am having a problem when I shoot it, I caught myself flinching and that comes from getting scoped by my 7mm resulting in stitches.

Last edited:
What Barrett were you comparing it to? The 95 is the closest one I know of. It's MSRP is about $850 more. The 99 is cheaper than the BA50. It isn't mag fed though.

As for the design, the BA50 wouldn't work very well for me since I shoot left handed. Everything I own or plan to own will be right handed stuff.

I have a video posted of some API going through a 5/8" thick steel plate somewhere on LPF.

Well its getting into shooting season again so heres a few pics of my arsenal.

Keiss Vector .45ACP
16264070273_9f5030d9e1_b.jpg

Savage 10/110BA .338 Lapua
16261680194_4cbbbbbb60_b.jpg

ped

I suppose home security isnt much of a problem at your place?

I will just put my humble collection here :) the rifle is a .308 airgun that shoot 160 grain lead bullets. I have tuned it to output around 320 foot pounds of energy. It has a handmade stock and a titanium bolt.

The pistol is an modified gsg 1911 .22 rimfire.

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000562_zpsh69g3ave.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000009CC_zps86oi28dg.jpg

Greetings!

Robin

Last edited:
I suppose home security isnt much of a problem at your place?
Not a problem at all :eg:

@ polonium .338? That's a lot of bang! Nice
Yes it is :D
Unfortunately I do not have my restricted licence yet so I'm limited to 18" barrel length and I believe suppressors are prohibited in Canada.

@ offroadfreak I wasn't aware they made such a thing as a .308 cal air rifle.
Is it green gas, Co2 or break action powered?

Unfortunately I do not have my restricted licence yet so I'm limited to 18" barrel length and I believe suppressors are prohibited in Canada.

But you can own an SBR in Canada? How hard is it to get a license?
What you get in the trade off is much better accuracy with that longer barrel.
With the suppressor I have taken the .45 down to 110.5 decibels and can still consistently hit a gong at 80yards.(aided by the butt stock and fore grip)

Do you have a range where you can stretch those .338 legs out?

Not a problem at all :eg:

Yes it is :D

@ offroadfreak I wasn't aware they made such a thing as a .308 cal air rifle.
Is it green gas, Co2 or break action powered?

The air rifle is powered by HPA. Or high pressure air. I shoot with an diving bottle onto it. And a regulator in between so that each shot has the same pressure. It is filled up to 230 bar.

These kind of air rifles are too powerfull for co2 or spring action.

Greetings!

But you can own an SBR in Canada? How hard is it to get a license?
What you get in the trade off is much better accuracy with that longer barrel.
With the suppressor I have taken the .45 down to 110.5 decibels and can still consistently hit a gong at 80yards.(aided by the butt stock and fore grip)

Do you have a range where you can stretch those .338 legs out?

Its not hard to get the restricted licence, I should have taken it back when I got my non-restricted.
Yes there is a 1600m range and I have several farmer friends that kindly let me use their land.

The air rifle is powered by HPA. Or high pressure air. I shoot with an diving bottle onto it. And a regulator in between so that each shot has the same pressure. It is filled up to 230 bar.

These kind of air rifles are too powerfull for co2 or spring action.

Greetings!

Wow impressive. I have never heard of such a setup.

Wow. I didn't go thru the entire thread, but a 50 call at the start got me interested. Looks similar to a barrett. What's your longest cold bore shot?