Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Popup ads and sounds.

ARG

The ads on LPF are giving me popups and are making noises.
Anyone else having this issue?

Definitely coming from LPF.
g4DZTSV.png

Edit: Also getting these.
tiHBYzM.png

Last edited:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Were you logged in when you got this?

I was experimenting with a new ad network (which shouldn't have popups or sound ads though... but it only shows ads to Guests.. not people who are logged in).

If you were logged in, then problem is with another ad network which normally never has these types of problems. I will report it to them just please advise if you were logged in or not when it happened

Thanks

ARG

Were you logged in when you got this?

I was experimenting with a new ad network (which shouldn't have popups or sound ads though... but it only shows ads to Guests.. not people who are logged in).

If you were logged in, then problem is with another ad network which normally never has these types of problems. I will report it to them just please advise if you were logged in or not when it happened

Thanks

Happened both when I was logged in & not logged in.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
K, I reported the issue. Please clear browser cache and log in again. If it keeps happening while you are logged in, please send me the screenshots to avery.a.tarasov@securityengineer.pro

If the ad network doesn't get their act together I will pull it out altogether. It is rare for them to have these issues though.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I made it so the ad network wihch could have caused this is only displayed to Guests (non members). LPF logged in user will now notice there is one less Graphical ad at bottom of page

Now it should be impossible for anything like this to happen when you are logged in, since logged in user only see static ads which LPF controls. You might need clear browser cache to see results though.

yikes, been all over all day & haven't seen this. Firefox 32.0.3/XP

:beer:

I got one of these popup ads while signed in looking at the New Posts page today. I couldn't visually find the ad, but the sound was blaring. Only tab open, Chrome desktop version, win8.1.

I had an ad yesterday that was talking etc, i was logged in, im win7 - latest chrome browser, i heard it talking but once i scrolled down it was gone?

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
If still happening you need to clear browser cache entirely

The code was removed to show these ad networks to logged in users

ARG

I haven't seen or heard anything since your post on the 23rd, looks fixed to me.