Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ponder THIS

Trevor

The fourth dimension! Or, an illusion so that we aren't centipedes that are old at one and and infants at the other. :p

I believe the next line goes "baby don't hurt me." ;)

-Trevor

I have done some reading on philosophy......

There are no real answers.

I 'think' that it's all a life mass creation of reality, coupled with some....'somewhat standard'.....defined by the way things just are.

.....Blammm!!!!.....Time&Space/reality/belief/..../...../..../....(remember that even Science is a belief system in it's own right)

(....because I don't wish to discuss this more than I have throughout my life....Science is a belief because even in the act of life/science one can not leave it's own reality to view objectively, thus becoming a part of the whole and changing any outcome that may "exist".)

Enjoy your conversations!

Edit:
I may be TOTALLY WRONG about EVERYTHING that I just typed!.......(that's reality for ya.)

image_tao_chinese_character.gif
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Trevor

Hmm.

We see in three dimensions, and observe the passage of the fourth dimension - time.

If we saw in four dimensions, we could observe the "passage" of the fifth dimension - all possible timelines.

Huh.
huh.gif

-Trevor

I had this conversation with my girlfriend a couple weeks ago. I said something like this:

What we perceive as time is an illusion that is created by our memory of the past and awareness of the future.

When we measure time we are really measuring the turning gears in a clock or the decay of radioactive isotopes, not time itself. When you are is determined by your location on the Earth (time zones) and the Earth's location in its orbit (seasons and years) so when you are depends on where you are.
The universe is in continuous motion and is constantly changing, so you can describe when you are more precisely by describing where you are in the cosmos.

What I mean is, what we perceive as time is a continuous change of the state of the universe or a series of infinitesimal "moments" - like stages in development. Asking "what time is it?" is like asking "what is the state of the universe?"

The closest we can get to seeing the future is measuring the changes that occur and predicting how physics will allow the universe to undulate.

So time is not a separate entity but a product of our imagination.
That does not mean that the concept of it is not useful.

This is simply my "theory" based on my limited understanding of the world I live in. :D

Last edited:
we are really measuring the turning gears in a clock or the decay of radioactive isotopes, not time itself.

lasersbee is a fraud! He's not measuring laser power, he's just measuring the electrical potential difference between an array of metal junctions! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Trevor

I'm getting a half dozen nixie tubes soon. Got awesome plans for them. :D

-Trevor

I had this conversation with my girlfriend a couple weeks ago. I said something like this:

What we perceive as time is an illusion that is created by our memory of the past and awareness of the future.

When we measure time we are really measuring the turning gears in a clock or the decay of radioactive isotopes, not time itself. When you are is determined by your location on the Earth (time zones) and the Earth's location in its orbit (seasons and years) so when you are depends on where you are.
The universe is in continuous motion and is constantly changing, so you can describe when you are more precisely by describing where you are in the cosmos.

What I mean is, what we perceive as time is a continuous change of the state of the universe or a series of infinitesimal "moments" - like stages in development. Asking "what time is it?" is like asking "what is the state of the universe?"

The closest we can get to seeing the future is measuring the changes that occur and predicting how physics will allow the universe to undulate.

So time is not a separate entity but a product of our imagination.
That does not mean that the concept of it is not useful.

This is simply my "theory" based on my limited understanding of the world I live in. :D

This is a common understand to those who argue that time itself does not exist without those there to perceive it, or that attempt quantify it.

i once read a quote by l ron hubbard..
probably the best definition i have ever heard.

“The illusion called time is composed of altering of the particles position in space”

Hail xenu!