Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Poll: Have you been on sauna?

Have you been on sauna?

• Yes

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • No, but i would like to

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • What is sauna!?

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters

MAPESA

Yeah, just wanted to know how many of you have been in sauna. Here in Finland we go to sauna almost every evening :) but now when its summer, not so often.

Eku

Yes once.

Hated it though. (At first I thought you said tanning booth so I said "hell no")

Eku

Well.

Around here its usally 26-33c but mostly around 29c.

And sauny is hot and steamy so maybe if you where its not that hot a sauna would be good.
But here and with me naaaa.

Yeah I've been in a sauna a couple of times...but it wasn't for relaxation...lol. A couple years ago at a swimming party in a hotel we got the little sauna room up to 165ºF, and we filled it with humidity from steam. Just walking into the room would make me lose my breath, it was horrible. We had a contest to see how long we could stay in it., wasn't our brightest idea.

Ash

Private sauna in my house = Yes!
Public sauna with a bunch of naked strangers = No!

MAPESA

We had a contest to see how long we could stay in it., wasn't our brightest idea.

:crackup: lol i have been on these "contests" few times (when some relatives come over)

Yeah, it first aint really hot but if you throw litre of water to the stove the steam feels hot.. I have been in sauna heaten up to 120'C (im not sure..it was year ago or sumthin) and boy does that feel hot. It was cold winter day - the outside temperature was like -25'C

Its a private sauna in our house.

Random story: i read in newspaper long time ago that some guys put their sauna up to 150'C! the firefighters had to extinguish the sauna bit after :) Must been kinda steamy there...

edit - i just did remember that last week out of curiosity i tried sunking a DX sku.1101 keychain pointer to the water , moved it there and sunk again, abused it with shower etc..it survived! the laser was kinda dim and the led was always on, but next day when it dried it was perfect :whistle:

Last edited:
I work in a suana when i'm on swingshift ,sanitation runs over 150 hoses in the plant
using 145 degree water to clean the equipment believe me not nice

D

Deleted member 8382

why not to tell them ovens do exist for masokas and so

k1kb0t

I been in a sauna several times but I never really enjoyed it.

Jon

Jaseth

I have been in saunas about 100 times.. I like it a lot, as long as you don't have share them with strangers.
Just make sure the air isn't too humid and you can actually have it turned up really high without feeling bad.

Seb

yes, many times! i love it.. its very refreshing.. i have a friend who used to live in Finland and moved here to Australia.. he was always hot and sweaty, and he used to say.. why did i move into a permanent sauna..

I'm pretty sure, in Finland after you go into the sauna, you go and have a cold shower.. is this correct?? if so i have done that.. it is really nice! i was in the sauna up to 95C then i went and jumped into a cold pool.. it was great!

Jaseth

Yes bobhaha, the very best is if you can sit in about 95C to 105C for 20 minutes, then jump straight into a cold shower or cold pool.
I haven't been in a sauna for months, now I'm really looking forward to November where me and a couple of friends are renting a place for the weekend which has a sauna.. sweet.

Seb

cool... I'm going on skoolies in dec.. so that will be interesting.. there is 5 saunas in my hotel and many many girls!! now put 1 and 1 together = happy man :D