Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Poll: GB for THOR M 2 Laser

tommy

i'm not sure if i can release a group buys here as a seller. if not the right place, pls tell me, thanks.

the offer of GB is 15% off for the 1 set of 1w Thor M II laser. Original price is $75, GB price is $64, including shipping fee.

require 10 sets or above, any one have interest on it?

Encap

i'm not sure if i can release a group buys here as a seller. if not the right place, pls tell me, thanks.

the offer of GB is 15% off for the 1 set of 1w Thor M II laser. Original price is $75, GB price is $64, including shipping fee.

require 10 sets or above, any one have interest on it?

Maybe do better on the discount.

They are only $50 each with 5 star caps + $5 shipping. no minimum number of units here: Thor M II 2 Adjustable Laser Pointer 445nm 450nm Blue Laser Burn Match Paper | eBay

Last edited:

tommy

Encap

sorry for the misunderstanding. i mean a whole set, include battery and charger, everything. the listing is for the laser only. and we can ship from USA, people can get it in 5 working days, and no customs risk at all. is it an good offer?

Anyone can buy the whole package with free shipping from within the USA for approx $68 for 1 piece--so $68 for 10 oieces is not a very good price--only $4 lower -- only 6.25% off or good cup of coffee off.
See: US Thor M 2 Laser Pointer 445nm 405nm Blue Laser Beam Burn Match Paper | eBay

How about a Dealer price 50% off 10 piece order--#37.50 plus $4,99 shipping on a group buy of 10 pieces or a good single piece LPF member price for the laser only which you already sell on the web site for $60 less 5% and free shippingof $4.99 so $49 + shipping or perhaps the 2500mW version, laser only which you sell on the web site for $79 less 5% and free shipping so $70 plus $4.99 shipping---maybe that one at $50 + shipping

Most people here do not need 2 low end batteries and a charger---they already have good chargers and excellent batteries for a long ttime.
1W 445nm was popular long ago when WL promoted them 2011. Most members are way beyond wanting or needing 1W 445nm laser so is not going to be an easy sell---is a "me too" product 6 years after initial interest and technology was new and hot item --For a low enough price you might get 10 people to buy one.

You might have better luck with a low price for the 2500mW version.

Just my opinion .

Last edited:
Encap has a good point, not only do most people around here have quality batteries and chargers, but the deal on something like this has to be really good to buy a laser like this. You've gotta give a good reason to buy this laser instead of another.

tommy

i understand your thought ElectricPlasma and Encap. i've different opinions and let's discuss here.

1. targeting. you are experts and already got 445 laser for a long time ago. but for many people not in this forum, they dont even got a laser. they search around to get a burning laser, but were cheated by overstated output lasers, got green lasers hardly to burn. heard a lot such things. i think 1w 445nm laser should be people's 1st burning laser. so my target is those who don't even get a laser.

the benefit to people is they get the right laser on a affordable price. to forums, get more members. the online users now is 217 members VS 13037 guests, some discount sales can turn guest into members.

2. about the price. i disagreed on Encap's thought, 445nm laser is not that cheap. my opinion based on 3 parts:

2.1 445nm is more popular than ever, but not outdated. if we compare with other branded lasers, we can find 1w 445nm laser is still hot sales and not cheap at all.

sanwu CHALLENGER: $120
WL Arctic: $199
Jet laser PL-E: $169
Thor M 2: $75

2.2 Factors to the price. same 445nm laser, same 1.6 output, why so different on the price. the tube design, the circuit board, the cooling system (material), the profit each factory got, etc. i think thor m 2 laser make a pretty good balance on above factors.

2.3 Battery. the battery we come with is AW 16340 battery. we take off the logo and use us. the battery factory we work with, also make LG, and samsung battery. it's not cheap battery. their clients mainly use the battery on electronic cigarette.

all in all, i will get more focus on newbie as i am. help them get start on laser.

Encap has a good point, not only do most people around here have quality batteries and chargers, but the deal on something like this has to be really good to buy a laser like this. You've gotta give a good reason to buy this laser instead of another.

Razako

These are good lasers, but I already have one. Good luck with this.

tommy

These are good lasers, but I already have one. Good luck with this.

never mind Razako, just a poll. i dont expect senior members will have interest on this offer, just want to see if some new members or guest have interest.

Razako

Yeah, if you could do a 462nm version that would be pretty cool.

Encap

i understand your thought ElectricPlasma and Encap. i've different opinions and let's discuss here.

all in all, i will get more focus on newbie as i am. help them get start on laser.

1. To sell unsuspecting newbie's on LPF that have never had a laser a 1000mW 450nm laser for burning WITHOUT goggles/glasses is a bit on the reckless disregard for safe use and eyes of newbies.
An offer can't be just about money--safety has to come first.. You would need to add free goggles/glasses which only sell on your web site for $5 so what could they actually cost $1? Not a big thing to give those also.

2. Maybe within the products limitations. IS a Thor M 2 a focusable laser?

2.1 Not a valid comparision. Many different reasons the others mentioned command higher prices.

2.2 Maybe OK balance for a low cost 1W--laser alone---you are selling for $60 less 5% and free shipping on the web site so $49 + $4.99 shipping on a 1 piece basis. For a 10 pieces minimum Group Buy do better than that for laser alone.

2.3 That they are AW and you take tha label off and put on "us" doesn't make sense to do. If you mean they are the same battery that is different. Maybe they are OK batteries but you need then to add battery details ---still the buyers for an LPF group buy generally don't need any batteries or chargers.

One other item---You still have not listed any business identity details--no business name, no address, no phone, no fax, no e-rmail , no location listed on the web site--just a ghost business web site---does not inspire confidence--very much the opposite. People immediately feel they are being set up to be ripped off, conned, and mistreated because that is so common wiht that type of web site.
Many people will not buy anything from such a web site with no normal legitimate business details --just a mystery web site, only a ghost business.

462 nm or higher and I'm in.
Yeah, if you could do a 462nm version that would be pretty cool.

Good idea a 462nm would be much more attractive for LPF members.

Last edited:

tommy

first thing is i have great relationship with above branded laser, include CNI. they are good lasers and worth to have.

my questions is that, is it suitable to spend over $100 to get your first 1w laser. many people dont have a sense on how strong a 1w laser is. maybe it's too powerful, maybe the laser beam is not visible. if you are not satisfied, you waste your money. at the beginning, i still recommend people to get a cheaper 445nm 1w laser, when you are familiar with it, get a better one.

1. To sell unsuspecting newbie's on LPF that have never had a laser a 1000mW 450nm laser for burning WITHOUT goggles/glasses is a bit on the reckless disregard for safe use and eyes of newbies.
An offer can't be just about money--safety has to come first.. You would need to add free goggles/glasses which only sell on your web site for $5 so what could they actually cost $1? Not a big thing to give those also.

2. Maybe within the products limitations. IS a Thor M 2 a focusable laser?

2.1 Not a valid comparision. Many different reasons the others mentioned command higher prices.

2.2 Maybe OK balance for a low cost 1W--laser alone---you are selling for $60 less 5% and free shipping on the web site so $49 + $4.99 shipping on a 1 piece basis. For a 10 pieces minimum Group Buy do better than that for laser alone.

2.3 That they are AW and you take tha label off and put on "us" doesn't make sense to do. If you mean they are the same battery that is different. Maybe they are OK batteries but you need then to add battery details ---still the buyers for an LPF group buy generally don't need any batteries or chargers.

One other item---You still have not listed any business identity details--no business name, no address, no phone, no fax, no e-rmail , no location listed on the web site--just a ghost business web site---does not inspire confidence. Many people will not buy anything from a web site with no normal legitimate business details --just a mystery web site only ghost business.

Good idea a 462nm would be much more attractive for LPF members.

I'll throw my $0.02 in the hat here.
Get involved in the forum. You have 1 ad that looks the the other non functional ones above it. You're not going to snag a newbie that can't tell the difference between your ad and the 15 above it.

A product overview thread for the lasers your most interested in selling. I wouldn't spent too much time on the eBay 3XX pointers. Show how they come apart and what they are built with. Tell us if everything is glued or pressed together. I might just want one to source its parts or mod it but I'm not going to gamble when you could actually show us what goes into them.

Why would you remove the most reputable battery retailers branding to put your generic label in its place. That raises some flags with me.

Do your beam expanders ship from within the US?

Can you sell just the hosts?

Last edited:

tommy

i know experts assemble lasers and host will be more welcomed here. we can sell hosts and actually one expert here buy host from us.

the reason we repackage the battery is we need to print website on it, and a small change. so we need to take off the aw name. it's not easy to oem a battery, you need a high quantity. and we print a real capacity, 650mah, if you check outside, there are many 16340 battery state 1000mah, 2300mah. we all know a capacity of 16340 battery will not exceed 800mah.

our company, do not cheat people. the output of laser is real, the capacity of battery is real. maybe the price you are not satisfied, but the shipping speed is fast, the laser is reliable.

for the expander, it's sanwu expander, ship out from china, free by epacket, people get it in 15 days. for 5 days express, add $15.

i am mainly not seeking business from senior members here. you've got almost every laser you need.

I'll throw my $0.02 in the hat here.
Get involved in the forum. You have 1 ad that looks the the other non functional ones above it. You're not going to snag a newbie that can't tell the difference between your ad and the 15 above it.

A product overview thread for the lasers your most interested in selling. I wouldn't spent too much time on the eBay 3XX pointers. Show how they come apart and what they are built with. Tell us if everything is glued or pressed together. I might just want one to source its parts or mod it but I'm not going to gamble when you could actually show us what goes into them.

Why would you remove the most reputable battery retailers branding to put your generic label in its place. That raises some flags with me.

Do your beam expanders ship from within the US?

Can you sell just the hosts?

Tommy,

Since you have good relationship with Chinese supplier,manufacturer,etc...

Could you offer some custom OEM Host for sell as a group buy?

like the CNI's host :GLP,PGL-III-M, PGL-III-C with a custom metal finish. (eg: Rosegold,24k gold,Satin Chrome, Matt silver,etc...)

or Thor Ultra host in the same fore mentioned metal finish.

that's just my personal opinion..

GSS

never mind Razako, just a poll. i dont expect senior members will have interest on this offer, just want to see if some new members or guest have interest.
Strictly targeting low cost intro 1W blue's to newbie's isn't a bad idea in my opinion.
Everyone seems to like these Thor's now that they come with glass lenses.
A must would be to ad a pair of saftey glasses and be prepared for great customer service even though they are priced low??
Learn all about the builds as far as diode sources and drivers to be prepared. Don't start claiming false outputs and keeping it simple with maby just the one beam expander I see some success.

Edit: checked your sight and did see some improvement's but alot info is still lacking.
What is the blue 1W 301 about? Option of a 532 200mw Thor? maby the little popups of just sold items gets a bit annoying..

Last edited: