Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PoLL.. a pre-warning to being banned

A formal notice before a ban. and/or be let to face accuser.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The -only- reason I'd say "yes, pre warning" (and, a public warning from a moderator - not private and in IM) is to set an example to let others know "there is a line, and this is how not to cross it."

Granted, you'd think that line would be easy to find; and every community is unique... (LPF -- definitely so) but I think there would be some 'autonomous self restraint' (I don't want to use the term 'chilling effect') that would occur if others saw people get warned 'officially'.

YMMV though, and it's just a point of thought.

Aryntha gave me a funny idea. but it does seem doable..

what if admin or mods went into a drama thread and just posted "CHILL OUT". then every body in the thread is kind of on notice, and change what ever it is they were doing in that particular thread?

michael

I think if the C0ld and the mods stepped into most arguments, there would be less drama. Speaking for myself I just need a nudge when things get to far. Trouble is nobody says anything till the end of the drama. You really cant blame people if they are given a free pass to argue. You have to blame the staff. If I had the power you would not hear a peep. :eg:

it's not the staffs fault we don't get along. we were self moderated now we are not. there is way less drama.

Its the staffs fault for letting it go on. Hell, how many days did I bust Bloompyle's balls before Avery stepped up? How many days did Jerry and CJay go for before they got banned? If there is no one to say stop, no one is going to stop. We have had a mod for a few months now.

daguin

Its the staffs fault for letting it go on. Hell, how many days did I bust Bloompyle's balls before Avery stepped up? How many days did Jerry and CJay go for before they got banned? If there is no one to say stop, no one is going to stop. We have had a mod for a few months now.

The situation is still evolving. We are still figuring out how proactive we can be without the community rebelling. I hope everyone has noticed me stepping up the "warnings" last few days. It is a fairly intricate balance. Creative and passionate people (like we attract here) have a tendency to be a bit more argumentative than "normals." Along with that, they tend to resist any restriction on their free "trains of thought" that have fueled their creative juices so well.

We'll get it figured out.

Thanks for putting up with us and our growth as well.

Peace,
dave

HA, thanks for putting up with my insanity. I know I can be over bearing at times. Never be afraid to jump in. I may not like it, but as long as its fair, and logical I'll back down. What I dont like is to be cut off.

HA, thanks for putting up with my insanity. I know I can be over bearing at times. Never be afraid to jump in. I may not like it, but as long as its fair, and logical I'll back down. What I dont like is to/........

you don't like what? :na:

yeah-do-it.jpg

Hey you two guys... Stop fighting....
Do you want to get Banned.....:eg::crackup:

Jerry