Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Poll: a host section to the forums

Host section?

• Yes

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Hey there,
The laser host is one of the most important thing when building a laser. There is a huge variety of hosts out there, from small flashlights, to big flashlights, to custom machined and more.

I think we should have a section for discussion of hosts alone. In the section, beside obvious reviews, would be in-dept analysis of the host's inner workings and how fitting they are for turning the entire thing into a laser.

What do you say? :D

sinner

I think that will be a very nice idea, Although there are already individual threads for people to exhibit their sales pitch.. There are not like tens of people offering hosts, if you take a look arround there are about less than 8 people having a dedicated hosts threads..
And Some Maynot be even Active atm..

Also, i would like to think in a broader mind and , I think there would be,
To, increase the browsing experience and to promote impulse buying , We should have the lpfmarketplace where each and every product in the b/s/t is well organized..

Diodes- All diodes for sale
Heatsinks - All Heatsinks for sale
Hosts - ...
etc.

But if not, YES there should be a hosts section.

Last edited:
I meant host section, not thread..
And I didn't mean we should discuss just the hosts people make, that could be a small portion of it..

I vote yes, we need a section for reviewing details of hosts inner workings.

I hate when I pick up a new host and find out that it's inner construction is incredibly difficult to manage, or inneficient, or requires additional machining to host itself, etc.

ARG

I think it's a good idea. There is no place to show off a host you just made, or a flashlight that you got a heatsink made for. It probably won't be that active, but I think it'll be more popular than the newly added laser measurement section.

It will help the new guys find stuff too :)

IsaacT

This an amazing idea!!! I support this whole-heartedly!

-Isaac

PS: congrats on earning rep!!!

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I agree this is a great idea and looks like lots of others do as well. I will be creating this new section shortly.