Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Pman special"

Those little laser pens are ridic over spec constantly! I like it! Im tempted to buy a 445nm they just listed and see what that specs at but eh its a lot of money. Im going to be grabbing one or two off AuraBuy since they just added 30+ lasers at reasonable prices. Already contacted them to see on power and they said to ignore the "." if its 2.000mW then it should be a 2000mW model.

Hey Pete have you ever taking one of those single AAA laser apart? I bought 3 of them on my last order and gave 2 away but I had to keep one they are just to much fun. They were all 45 -70 mW. Just a tad over spec ;)

I just talked to my girlfriend, it's actually copper tape not solder, she got it from Michaels. Edited previous comment

Pman

Anyone want to answer n2stuff's question:eg::D

Check out my inexpensive builds thread. Think I've only made 50 or so other units from those pens LOL

I'll check out what Michaels has. Lots of options out there.

Was looking on Fasttech and saw that the 5v 532 modules are listed again.

Last edited:

Pman

I've never seen them not listed...
They do keep adding more stuff though. Wish they would get much stronger 532nm ones as they would likely pot even higher.
Can't imagine how many I've ordered between the 3V and 5V ones. Keep trying to tell people there's no difference between them other than length and the 5V unit is rated up to that voltage but is completely unnecessary;)

I must have missed them. Going to have to get some of the 3v ones. I need something to do.
Ed

Great tutorial. I'll be buying a bunch of the fastech 532nm modules soon, and will definitely be looking at your work for ideas.

Rep +1 (for what it's worth:)) EDIT: Never mind, It looks like I'll have to spread some Rep around first.

Last edited:

Pman

Sounds great. Would recommend you buy a few of each of the 3V and 5V ones.
You are #8 on the list for the lights:)

By the way, this ebay seller out of California is selling the correct pens for following my focasable pen mod.
"cjy3271788"
Got 2 sets to try them and the 405's were 60 and 82mw, 650's were 74 and 110, and the 532nm were 31 and 60 (not really buying them for the 532nm so no big deal).

Last edited:
Very Nice! I was selling those Sipik-68 (b68) host kits a while ago, think i still have one but i can make more!

Check it out in my sig

Pman

Will later or in the morning.
You are officially #9:)

One more to go for the lights giveaway.

Someone called to tak to my wife so I just checked out your link. +Repped you and good job.
Now what I would like to see is adding the Walmart light and make the heatsink short so it doesn't stick out with head retracted so the crown is exposed still and it can stand on it. Would like a heatsink that fits the Fasttech modules I've been buying and of course other options including the one you allready made. That would be a great addition to add to what I've come up with so you don't have to extend the head. Lots of room with the Walmart light addition if you just add the standard 532nm module from Fasttech (or elsewhere). What do you think?

Last edited:
lol i didnt know it was a giveaway at first either! i posted and was going to buy these parts and typical Pete; surprises me saying I get a set for free ;)

+10 when allowed lol

I know, I didn't know it was either. I was at work, read through the tutorial when I had a chance then scrolled all the way to the reply box. It wasn't until I got home and read through the whole thread that I realized what was going on!

Now I'm between buying the modules for a few cheaper builds much like this or a Dremel.

Pman - Thanks for getting those LPM results I was curious to know if they were on par with the rest of the pens.

Last edited:

Pman

I didn't reveal it was a giveaway until after I posted the tutorial on purpose:eg:

Here's the official list in order.

gismo
Lazerbeak
Antharak
KapHn8d
Livinloud
n2stuff
Javalin
Mattronium
KRNAZNBOY

I had complained to that seller months ago about the units he started selling once they were shipping out of California and asked him to look into where his supplier was getting them from and proved to him that they weren't the same ones he used to sell and apparently he got it taken care of at some point. Just used the tact that his supplier may be selling him an inferior product.
Then again, maybe it had nothing to do with me at all but who cares at this point now that they are correct;)
If you do buy a Dremel and can afford it, I would go with the
"Dremel 8220-2/28 12-Volt Max Cordless Rotary Tool" as it is their most powerful portable and comes with 2 batteries. Constantly using it at work and home. It's not cheap but for someone like me who uses it all the time and has to have working tools it is a great investment. The 2 battery thing is a must for when you are spending a day building stuff. Wish I had bought a second one when Amazon had them on a super sale about a month ago.
There's a lot of aftermarket bits and cutting wheels and brushes etc... but the dremel ones are built better. Unfortunately they are also quite pricey.

If you are looking at dremel vs. some modules I would say that you can certainly work around not having a dremel:)

Don't know what's going on with my 3 Fasttech orders but they seem to be stuck shipped in China so I'm going to inquire about them. Sometimes the tracking doesn't get updated.

FT is having shipping problems right now......there is a bunch of info over on BLF. guess it stems from them sending batteries the incorrect way so HK is getting pissy