Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

PLUG & PLAY CO2 BURNING LASERS only $150 DELIVERED

Re: GB LIVE & OPEN for Small RF 5-10W CO2 LASERS!

:D got my lasers! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] Thanks Chris! I think his name is really Chris Kringle! ;D Man, these were packed so well, it took me 30 minutes to get it unpacked trying to be real careful. Soon as I get my pwm circuit built, ill post some pics in the multimedia section.

Disma ---

There isn't much to show except stuff burning :D :o

Mike

lol, well, I made some videos, no one wants to see? :o

Videos --- Now that will show the POP & FIRE !!

Mike

Hey Mike, have you measured the current draw from your laser yet? The power supply I tested mine with only provides 29v @ 7 amps... I'm kinda worried, it might be bad for the laser to not have the current it needs. Although it makes a NICE hole through a 2 inch piece of styrofoam VERY fast! :o I was surprised it went all the way through like that, I am useing a metal power supply cover as a beam stop. It really does burn white paper instantly! 8-)

yes Chris I wana make a double barrel ray gun ;D

Disma How ya doin, and congrats on getting your Babys how do you like them? I got my power supply today Ive got it set at 30 volts aprox 10/11 amps and running a 3volt 300ma wallwort to the pmw burns like a banchi :D

also about 30 sec and it drilled over half way through 1/4 inch plywood and didnt get hot this is good no? :)

Chris --
Will round 2 be lower priced now that we have volume buy??
Mike

Be careful where the beam goes when it burns through the target. No crap here. I've been there too often.

Mike

Mike I understand couch burner, I have a question when we go to mounting should we isolate every thing metal from the laser and the amp as to keep the laser in tune I guess im saying to keep the swr down thanks lynn

Thats a VERY good question, I was just sitting here thinking about how I was gonna mount it all, I think Ill try a pvc pipe if I cant find anything else suitable. At least its plastic, and might make an interesting looking laser. :D I was also a little worried about stable mounting effecting the alignment of the laser.

According to Chris, Isolation of the heatsinks is needed unless you can tune the "transmitter" to the antenna. I've tuned antennas for years but this is a special case. Even shortening the coax feed can change the tuning.
1/4 wave and 1/2 wave coax lengths cause wierd problems in High Freq circuits. Stray capacity between source and load have to be accounted for. I'm being careful here.

Mike

thats what I thought also Im gona use your idea with plexi glass for attaching anything together

Back