Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pltb450b 1.6 watt 445 nm

Yea, we are supposed to believe he bought a diode and laser safety glasses but is clueless about a driver...................

12177-troll.jpg

Last edited:

Encap

Yea, we are supposed to believe he bought a diode and laser safety glasses but is clueless about a driver...................

Exactly ---nobody is that stupid and lazy except on purpose---he posted a web site picture of a diode--no picture of anything he has.
Doubt it even bought one and it wants LPF members to spend hours of time on all the parts for a hand held laser for $10 -$15 from Aligarbage--no idea of what or how to do with those either---give me a break. :crackup:

Last edited:
Chris, that driver is not a constant current driver, but a voltage regulator. You have to be very careful buying from Chinese websites as they know less about their products than other sellers do. It is claimed to be a boost driver for 445nm diodes, but it is not.

hey paul,it actually looks like a boost driver from the image but for the voltage or current regulator i can't really tell as im not that good in electronics,in both cases voltage or current regulator if the max claimed current(1.5A) is correct it will work,of course nobody can guarantee a long diode life with any that cheap drive

That "driver" is the kind used on cheap lasers. Buy one and try it out on a dummy load. The current will change with load, which you never want to see on a real laser diode driver. I have purchased one of these before and have confirmed it to be a common voltage regulator.

Last edited:

Turk

I have accumulated 30-40 dollars. Can I buy a good driver, housing and lens now?

GSS

I have accumulated 30-40 dollars. Can I buy a good driver, housing and lens now?
Is there any way you can communicate better? or post a pic to what you actually have and not a ebay advertising picture?

Look at member DTR store even if you don't plan to purchase from him. It will help you get an idea..

Last edited:

Encap

Is there any way you can communicate better? or post a pic to what you actually have and not a ebay advertising picture?

Look at member DTR store even if you don't plan to purchase from him. It will help you get an idea..

What he said^^^

DTR shop see: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/osram-pltb450b-1-6w-450nm

You need to learn to help yourself and find what you need from whatever source you want to use.

If you have no idea of what you are doing --return the diode and buy a low cost complete hand held laser---will be cheaper and better .

Last edited:

Turk

can you give aliexpress connections for after that?
max 30-40 dollars

sorry my english is so bad

Encap

max 30-40 dollars

Grow up and stop the pathetic nonsense questions and game.

Do you imagine LPF members have the spare time or even want to nursemaid/babysit you or do your homework for you from a bare diode to a completed laser?

If you have no idea of what you are doing or how to do it and are unwilling to research or learn + too lazy to even find or locate parts-- simply buy a low cost Chinese made complete laser --will be lower cost and better + you are able to do that.

Last edited:
max 30-40 dollars

:wtf:What is wrong with you....:thinking:
How many times are you going to ask
about AliExpess....:thinking::thinking:

Go and search AliExpress yourself... Are
you asking to be spoonfed...:thinking:

You obviously do not know very much
about Lasers...Laser Drivers...Laser Hosts
and probably have no basic electronics
experience.

The members here have tried to help you
with the little information that you supplied.

It is now up to you to research and read
up on Laser building. There is a ton of Laser
and Driver and Host information and Build
Tutorials on this Forum..... BUT you need
to read it yourself.

Jerry

Last edited:

GSS

All I can tell you is if the driver is capable and you set it to max 1.8A, that lens will give you about 1.4W+
Good luck with all the rest:D

change the lens with this one for stronger output

https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/1pc-...4458-48e0-a61f-4d79ea4c8df4&priceBeautifyAB=0

Reactions: GSS