Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

pltb450b 1.6 watt 445 nm

Turk

Banned
Hi I bought an OSRAM pltb450b laser how can i make a single point and what should i buy?

GSS

We need a little more info..What exactly do you have? It can't be just the diode?
No need to post the same thing twice..Do a welcome thread and tell us a little about yourself..Are you in the US?

Last edited:

Turk

Banned
We need a little more info..What exactly do you have? It can't be just the diode?
No need to post the same thing twice..Do a welcome thread and tell us a little about yourself..Are you in the US?
sorry,no I am from Turkey

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi, Yes include your location were your forum name is. The PLTB450B can run at 1.8A X Drive or SXD drivers. that will give you well over 2+ Watts with a G2 lens.

Rich:)

Please tell me you have proper safety glasses for this laser.

If not, get a good pair before you purchase anything else.

You can't really enjoy the beams if you've blinded yourself ;)

Encap

Please make a Welcome thread in the Welcome sub-forum.

Look at this web site to see what is needed to make a complete hand held laser if that is what you are wanting to do.
See: https://www.survivallaser.com/

Turk

Banned
Is it possible to do this cheaply? Up to 10 dolars
I already own my own pltb450b

Encap

Hi I bought an OSRAM pltb450b laser how can i make a single point and what should i buy?
Is it possible to do this cheaply? Up to 10 dolars
I already own my own pltb450b
Are these questions just a joke and playing pretend? LPF is not a babysitter forum.
Why would anyone buy a diode if they have no idea of what to do with it or how to use it?
Mental problems and/or no common sense? How old are you--8 years old?

You need to make a Welcome thread in the Welcome sub-forum

What is it that you already have? Just a bare diode?
Post a picture of it.

Last edited:

paul1598419

It seems unlikely anyone would purchase a naked laser diode without first having an idea of how to proceed once they received it. It will need to be pressed into a module and paired with a constant current driver. Then it will need to be put into a host with enough heat sinking to allow for a decent run time.

Turk

Banned

laser I do not understand too much I need a laser for less than 10-15 dollars How do I do this and I want aliexpress connections
I am sorry for my english

GSS

Why are you insisting on Aliexpress?
It would take quite some time to go through everything they have to even have a chance of putting a laser together. Then as you don't any experience and the language barrier issue I don't see anyone that can help you..
If you are stuck on buying from Aliexpress I suggest you buy a complete laser from them.
For $15 the only chance you might have is a 301 or 303 style or save a few dollars and for $40 to $50 something a little better.
If you aren't a troll then you are very young like Encap has said??
What can you tell us to what you actually know about lasers and building in general?

Last edited:

deadshadow

ok lets babyshit abit as i was that noob when i started with lasers and got a bare diode and random driver and hooked a bare 405nm diode :p so not hard fillings

get this housing to press your diode in:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3pc...32fd-4815-98fd-1623c94c07e0&priceBeautifyAB=0

then grab this cheap driver and connect only one lithium battery.max supported current is 1.5A but don't expect more with your lowe budget.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/445...4cef-498e-b9f8-352843eda13f&priceBeautifyAB=0

oh and lastly you will need a heatsink because your diode will burn after half a minute without one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Alu...5cb2-4dd7-9c22-55b583676f62&priceBeautifyAB=0

to group:sorry for helping out before he makes a welcome post but i don't see him be able to make one as barely know any basic english words

Last edited:

paul1598419

Chris, that driver is not a constant current driver, but a voltage regulator. You have to be very careful buying from Chinese websites as they know less about their products than other sellers do. It is claimed to be a boost driver for 445nm diodes, but it is not.

Encap

For $15 the only chance you might have is a 301 or 303 style or save a few dollars and for $40 to $50 something a little better.
If you aren't a troll ....
Seems to be one----probably is---dysfunctional idiot type T

laser I do not understand too much I need a laser for less than 10-15 dollars How do I do this and I want aliexpress connections

I am sorry for my english[/QUOTE]

First that is not a picture you took of anything you have. It is a picture copied from a web site.

LPF is not a babysitter.

Go to ebay or Aliexpress and buy a completed laser for $10-$15 as GSS has told you.

You still have not made a Welcome thread in the Welcome sub-forum--- too lazy for even that much??

[QUOTE="paul1598419, post: 1519812, member: 40752"]Chris, that driver is not a constant current driver, but a voltage regulator. You have to be very careful buying from Chinese websites as they know less about their products than other sellers do. It is claimed to be a boost driver for 445nm diodes, but it is not.[/QUOTE]
Exactly

[QUOTE="RedCowboy, post: 1519813, member: 47257"].....[/QUOTE] Exactly my impression also.

Last edited: