Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Playing with Ducklings with True 5

Here I use one of my dimmer True 5's (it actually might be 5mW!) to mess with my ducklings.

I added a translation to what the mom quacked at the ducklings with youtube annotations. ;)

My pet duck hatched six of them, but due to the other three males ducks I have the number has diminished down to four. They get pissed because they can't mate with her so they go after what is causing the problem, the ducklings.

I regularly get rid of the duck's eggs so she doesn't hatch any, but my duck built a nest on a neighbor's property on a lake near my house and he wouldn't let me get rid of the eggs because "he would take care of them". The guy doesn't know anything about raising these things and these can't fly south for the winter so if he doesn't do anything they will freeze. I barely have space for the four I have in winter, so I can't keep all of these. I know some people who would take these to put on a lake, so if they don't get killed by the males they should live a happy life.

I added some pictures of them.

Attachments

• babies3.JPG
    babies3.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 125
  • babies2.JPG
    babies2.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 119
  • babies1.JPG
    babies1.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Jaseth

Those are so cute :) Nice pictures.

The video isn't imbedded, have you remembered to insert only the code for the video between the [yt.] and [/yt.] (without the dots)?
Good thing I subscribe to you, here is the video:
Edit: removed as you fixed your own link :)
Seb

Last edited:

Benm

Ah, a refreshing change from cats at last :)

/me prefers duck peking-style, but this seems good fun... wonder if they follow dots in the wild too.

Gata

That is pretty cool. A nice change from the usual cat-chasing-laser videos. I have never shot at ducks with photons, just lead.

ill try to get a video of my experience. in the complex where i work there are wild chickens. when i shine my 50mw around them, they treat it like it is a rope. they get al crazy and jump over it.

I hope you will ask a chief to make a ''Canard Laqué a l'orange''. Look tasty.

Cool video. I never thought ducks would chase the dot.

Ah, a refreshing change from cats at last :)

/me prefers duck peking-style, but this seems good fun... wonder if they follow dots in the wild too.

Probably not. I had my 33mW 405 with me one night when I went to Hooters. There is a large pond near it with some ducks and other stuff. The ducks scattered like roaches do when you turn the lights on.

My friend abolfazl wants a duck. Anyway to get one? Or should we just buy here
Farm stores near me sell them in spring for $3 a duckling, if you have farm stores near you then call them up next spring so they will tell you when they get in new shipments. You want to get them as young as possible because they will imprint on you more and make better pets.

I have never shot at ducks with photons, just lead.
I've never duck hunted before, only whitetail, but it sure looks fun.

I had my 33mW 405 with me one night when I went to Hooters. There is a large pond near it with some ducks and other stuff. The ducks scattered like roaches do when you turn the lights on.
Same thing happens to me with the wild geese. At night the geese go crazy if I pull out a green laser on them.

Down to only 2 ducklings today!

HIMNL9

We have lots of them, here, at wild state, and they don't like green dots ..... when you approach them with a green dot, they all fly away scared.

Probably cause wild ones see it as an unknown danger, who know ?

Here we got bats, racoon and squirell, and skunks. The squirell are scared of my x-75 ;(, the bats fly away like crazy (i had beam expander), and well skunks ignores it.

Benm

We have lots of them, here, at wild state, and they don't like green dots ..... when you approach them with a green dot, they all fly away scared.

Finally a good excuse to be shining lasers around airports :)

Wow, all of the ducklings in this video and probably the mom have been killed. The drakes killed off the ducklings and the mom disappeared yesterday, probably got killed by a neighbor's dog getting loose. Oh well, ducks are cheap but I will miss my last hen. I might just have to get a new hen duck or maybe a turkey next year.