Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pics with my new camera (new pics added!!)

So... I'm kinda posting this now because I have a couple pictures, but tomorrow I will add a BUNCH of really cool shots. Right now the battery is dead on my camera so I can only get a couple shots at a time before it dies  ;D

The prometheus!!

2.jpg

The HeNe -- I tried to do a long exposure by holding the camera REALLY still... it didn't work very well so the picture is a bit fuzzy.

000_0110.jpg

And, of course, the argon. I think I used a two second exposure on this one. You can see that I moved as my leg is all blurry haha. The camera was sitting on top of the laser head itself, in front of the fan. The laser was running about half power, ~7A. Ignore the random boxes and stuff on my floor lol... The great thing about this camera is that the pictures come out VERY close to the real color, even with blu-ray.

000_0112.jpg

MANY MANY more really cool pictures to come. I need to clean my room and buy some decent batteries, then I'll fire up the fog machine and get some neat shots.

Re: Pics with my new camera

Ooohhh pretty. That camera takes great pictures, according the the exif viewer the camera is a "KODAK Z712 IS ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA", I'll have to remember that when I'm looking to get a better camera.

You know you can get cheap tripods off of DX... ;D

Where is the CCD burn? You need to get on fixing that haha. Can't wait for more pics.

I'm a fan of the 488! I love the color accurate pic! Eagerly awaiting more pics! :D

Here's one of my HeNe I snapped really quick.

000_0119.jpg

lam3

Very nice!

I need to get a new camera :(.

Though my old one doesn't have burns on its CCD! ;D

I love that last beam shot, that must be incredible to see in real life. All the other pics are cool too =) nice HeNe.

Yep, it looks like you used a 2 second exposure on most of them,
"Shutter speed: -2.33333"
And for the curious,
Code:
Orientation of image: 1
Image input equipment manufacturer: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Image input equipment model: KODAK Z712 IS ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
Exposure time: 5
F number: 2.8
Exposure program: 4
ISO speed rating: 64
Shutter speed: -2.33333
Aperture: 3
Exposure bias: 0
Maximum lens aperture: 3
Metering mode: 5
Light source: 0
Flash: 16
Lens focal length: 5.85
Exposure index: 64
Sensing method: 2
Custom rendered: 0
Exposure mode: 1
White balance: 0
Digital zoom ratio: 0
Focal length in 35 mm film: 36
Scene capture type: 0
Gain control: 0
Contrast: 0
Saturation: 0
Sharpness: 0
Subject distance range: 0

Love 473 and 488 blue, its just amazing.
Great pics

SO I finally got a chance to take some pics of the argon tonight with the new camera. Here they are!!

this.jpg

this2.jpg

this3.jpg

this4.jpg

This picture is cool because you can see that the camera actually does a good job representing the real color of 405nm light. The blu-ray is one I built for a member here with a PHR diode at about 110mW

this5.jpg

And this picture I set the exposure a little too high so you can see my super messy room ;D

andthis.jpg

Hope you liked them!!! :D :D :D

Ace82

Nice pictures! I hope you didn't spend too much on that camera, because at that rate it looks like its going to look like your old one in new time! ;D I always like the pictures of the 405, 488, and 532! :D