Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pics using lasers and water pt.2 1/13/18

These pics were the second batch I took using my 5 gallon tank. This time I put some pieces of glass in the tank with the water and got some some nice glowing effects in the water. The first few pics here were using colored lasers, but the main thing I wanted to do was work with three 405nm lasers to make the water glow. Before the 405 beams go thru the tank they are violet. When in the water the appear 473ish and when in the glass they are green. On some of these I was able to capture this accurately. It really does look better in person. I also used diffraction gratings projecting from both sides of the tank. I also added a red laser for some color in the last few. I have since photographed this set up two more times with colored lasers and have gotten much nicer results. I will post them eventually. Enjoy

DSC_1458_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1464 (2)_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1470_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1473_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1479_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1488_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1492_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1494_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1496_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1500_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1501_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1510_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1511_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1519_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1520_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1524_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice Bruce, I like the ones using the red (638)? beam, DSC-1519 &1520; that beam almost takes on a pink hue after it enters the water!
Looking forward to your next batch of H2O photos!

Edit: The third photo, DSC-1470 is looking pretty sweet also! ;)

:kewlpics: +rep!

Last edited:
Lovely, true brother of the light with your love of such creations :)

Ughh. Why do I bother thinking I will ever dislike one of these threads when I click it. +REP when I can.

BobMc

Always amazed at the different ways you come up with to photograph your lasers. So original and impressive. Once again. :gj:

Very nice, as usual, Bruce. I like seeing how you think of different ways to try to get new effects. I can't rep you again so soon, but I owe you. :yh:

Thanks everyone!
One nice thing about shooting 405nms thru water is there is no need for fog. Yes Bowtieguy, it is a 638nm (100mw). I think the red beam adds quite a bit to those photos. I did try a few other colors but red gave the nicest contrast. This was the second time I was using the aquarium and these pics came out much cleaner than the first batch. And based on what I learned these two times, the next third and forth batches really came out nicely as welll. I have since taken taken away the aquarium and started some thing new.