Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pics 10/26/13

While I was on vacation in Mexico last week I purchased a nice piece of quartz and a 4" glass sphere. Also, LPF member Skeez was nice enough to offer me a piece of Gypsum (the one used in his avatar) in a trade which we did two weeks ago. Here are some pics using this new stuff, a few old crystals, fan and matrix diffraction gratings, plus many mirrors this time. A few more mirrors and lasers were added in after my original set up in the first pic. A more complex set up than I usually do, but I think I got some nice results for my troubles. Thank you again Skeez! Enjoy.

***my favorite pics from this post have been added to my "Best of" thread 10/28/13***

Last edited:

SKeeZ

Awesome! +rep if it allows. SO cool to see my satin spar crystal in your pictures :)

NO4H99

Amazing as always. I can't tell you how much I look forward to how you will use those beams in each new post!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Damn Bruce, this has got to be one of your finest weekly treats to LPF in a while!!
Great work as usual. Love the crystal pics. :beer:

Wow great shots Bruce! 7th & 8th pics with the green bending in the sphere looks like its shooting into deep space, great capture man. 18th pic looks like a daft punk helmet from tron with a red smile & 20 & 21 have lasers galore.... ahhh so many beams!!

All of these are awesome, I love it man. Thank you for sharing these

:beer:

gismo

Using the crystal clear ball was a brilliant move and apparently some astonishing shots came up from this weekly session of yours, Bruce:beer:. Especially like the cool and picture powerful effect as the beams spread out from behind the ball!

:gj:

Amazing. You should make prints available. I sent the link to your "best of" thread to a friend who's an amateur photographer and he really liked several of them.

Thanks everyone! I have to admit there are a few pics here that I think are amongst my favorites I have ever taken of lasers. The auto focus on my camera really seemed to lock onto the crystal ball as almost all of the shots I took using that prop were "laser" sharp. For next week I think am going to try using the same crystals ( plus some other ones ) but try different placement of the lasers, gratings, and mirrors and see what happens.

SKeeZ

Cool, if i may make a suggestion, the satin spar looks the best when photographed from the top with light entering from the sides or bottom. The pics are looking great as always :)

Hey Skeez,
Thanks, I will keep that in mind and try shooting it from above when I shoot it again next week.

Hey Serpant Slayer,
To actually take the photograph doesn't take long. To set up tales about 30-45 minutes and to put everything away takes the same. I will usually photograph for about 2 hours each tome I set up. Where in NJ do you live?