Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pics 1/18/14

Here are some pics using my glass sphere first , then setting up some lasers with mirrors and a fan diffraction grating. Then I added projectors (DMX controlled) to the mix. When that was done I used my Mexican mask with the projectors to get some nice silhouette effects. I had tried this a few weeks ago with not so good results. This time I place the mask further away from the PJ(s) and got the result I was trying to get. Also this week I got a remote shutter/focus control for my camera making this weeks photo taking easier and much more fun. Enjoy.

Last edited:

DJNY

Man!!

No one gonna watch these pictures asking "why do you need these lasers?"

Totally beautifulness :beer:

Last edited:
I really love the 3rd picture :beer:

Seeing those yellow/orange beams shoot gives me illusion of the sun's rays!

Your red looks more orangish this time, stunning as always :beer:

Nothing but junk as always ;)

Can't wait to get my Casa this week!!!! DHL HURRY UP!

In the 3rd picture what wavelength is that? Looks a lot more orange than a 589 or 593.5. Or is it just the way your camera picks it up?

Tmack

I would like to see a time lapse of you setting up one of the more complex shots. That way people can appreciate the time it really takes for a split second of glory.
It looks so quick when the next picture has the same angles but all different colors. But we all no how " not quick" it must be.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! It will take a little time to learn my new camera. I will have to check out the color settings to make sure they are accurate. But I am taking longer exposures and experimenting, so until I am more knowledgable with the camera it is trial and error. This was the first time using the camera with just hand helds, mirrors and optics, even though I did use my projectors later in this photo shoot. The projector colors seem ok. The 520/515nm look pretty accurate and the 405nm's also look good to me, as does the 473nm.

Blarg King - The third shot was using a Laserglow 593.5nm 6mw Rigel. There was also a good amount of fog used and it was a 15 sec exposure which may explain the very orange color.

Hwang- a 638nm 120mw Laserbtb was used with the diffraction grating.

gismo

The mask is back! With an aureole-like glory never seen before. Definitely my most preferable shots out of this session, Bruce. The red one evokes an unspeakable visual laser mysterium to be respected and adored:). Brilliantly mastered transition between darkness and light, a great opportunity for the hide-and-seek unpredictable shadows to intensify the laser beams...

:bowdown: