Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PHR build in a 3405 kit --[DEAD]--

ChipDouglas also told me about Ohm's Law. I got all this from him. I have to go mow lawns.

C ya...

I know Ohm's law, 1mV = 1mA

OMFG..... biggest face palm ever....

Dude... I'll send you a free Dummy load... PM me... any questions please feel free to ask. I'll explain how you are meant to test your current. Please PM me!

Quote from ChipDouglas saying 1mV = 1mA (not saying they are the same thing, I mean like on Cm^3 = a mL like that):

chipdouglas said:
we will talk more when you get the diodes but using the test load is actually the easy part...
you hook up the test load where the LD would go on the driver. then hook it up your driver to your power supply.
next. turn on you dmm, and set it ot 200milivolts.
then, on the resistor side of the test load put a dmm probe on each side of the resistor...
check your dmm to see what is says.. example 55. that means 50 milivolts. but because of the way the test load is set up and "ohms law" 1 milivolt equals 1 miliamp. so that 55mv=55ma. next turn your potentiometer clockwise slowly until you see the number going up to around 120 for phrs.

but to set it for the red you will need to set the dmm to the 10volt setting and use the numbers to the right of the decimal. so right when it says .4 then stop there.

michael.

Oh, and thanks for placing me stating the info I was given by a RESPECTED MEMBER in your signature. That shows......nevermind

ohm's law states I = V / R (I = current, V = voltage & R = resistance).... chip was saying at 1ohm, I = V because it is the same as saying I = V / 1.... that's why 1mv = 1ma with a 1ohm resistor.

oh and the sig can be removed... I just thought it was funny... if you don't like it let me know :D

talk about being thrown under the bus. LoL... I still fail to see where i gave you bad info bloom? also is this how you treat somebody that sticks up for you are gives you an absolutely free LCC and even pays the shipping.?

michael

I wasn't trying to trash you, I was trying to prove them wrong.....I was showing that I got that info from a completely respected source, and it looked to me like they were saying it was wrong. I fully repect you and I was NOT trying to throw you under the bus.

morgan also has trouble seeing where i gave bad info and you argue with that.

michael

Well, because I said that I used an IR diode, then they pointed out it had to be a bad diode, I didn't think it mattered if it was dead, alive, or 'bad'. I get it now, but I wan't throwing you under the bus, or trying to say that you were wrong...

Well, I can;t test the good current for diodes, I can't test that sort of stuff, no LPM....
It is obvious by that statement that you have no clue as to the
function of a Laser Power Meter.... You can NOT test the current
for Laser Diodes with a LPM...:eek:

I would suggest that instead of posting nonsense and trying to
continually prove that you are right and experienced members
are wrong 16 times a day... that you do a little.... no... a lot of
research and reading on the Forum...
Or you can continue like you have on the road to Laser Diode
destruction...:cryyy:

Research and knowledge will save you money in the long run...:cool:

Jerry

TTerbo

hey jerry long time no see?? and i think its more than 16 times a day.
bloompyle stop trying to chick other members in your firing line, you made the dumb mistake not chipD.
cheers