Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PHR-803T Laserlighter safety and focus build:

the lens is needed to laser behave like a laser. You turn it so the laser focus and burn better..

yeah, I figured as much: I was reading a few threads on this forrum, and culmination, and focus lenses together was said to be the best: then I heard that magnifying glass was the best option: but this was in a greeny pointer thread.

I don't want to have to say "here is the lighter, and here is the magnifying glass, focus it and go to town." To me that seems silly.

Last edited:
Few of interesting notes:
Bic lighter middle dimensions: 66.625mm Highx25.4mm wide with a unknown thickness(not necessary at this point)
Battery compartment 50.8mm high, 1in wide, Unknown inches thick (do not care at this point). (modification to host required)
Module front measurements: external diameter Tip 12.4mmx9.525mm total height with a unknown diameter around the "screw on part" (will measure later) (modification to host required)
Button push momentary dimensions: 6.35mm diameter x 6.35mm height (external portion) Lead height roughly 3.175mm (internal component drilling required a 6.35mm diamiter drill head required.

Rocker switch replaced with mini-slide switch dimensions:
width<25.4mm (improvement) height~=6.35mm not including leads which are roughly 3.175mm (extension of host required by 3.175mm) thickness: very tiny compared to apparent thickness of host. Major improvement.

Wiring will be located on one half of the host (shown in picture i will add to this post)

Driver location: 2 spots available:
1 spot: on top of modified location for battery compartment (tight fit, modification might be required)
2 spot: behind the battery compartment only slight modification to middle of host required.

DimensionsLighterComplete.jpg

So far so good, just waiting on my sled.

Last edited:
Progress report: Module and switch modification complete Next will be cutting out the battery and Jib's driver location.

I'm still looking for a slightly larger lighter shaped host, i don't want the 5 inch madness size ones. Just ones that have about 1-1.5 inches in width hight of 3.75-4 inches and thickness that is larger than 2 cm. let me know if anyone knows of any lighters with similar dimensions.

I'll post the finished product but document everything, so i can repeat and others can perfect if they so choose.

My test diodes+1ohm resistor came in today. :spaz: still no sled, drive is finished, should be in the mail shortly. Now just waiting on the cheapy 3 volt driver (to just test my laser output) before jibs driver comes in. Still working on canceling my laser DIY order, pain in the butt but it will happen.

Last edited:
In other news: i found a better host, its 5x2 inches and is shaped like a lighter, i will just cut off 1 inch so its 3x2 and thus everything will fit much better, i believe its thicker as well. + there is a "whole" where the lighter fuel would come out. Just need to drill out the valve. So the project is working out pretty good.