Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photop Announces Wide-temp-operating Mini Green La

Photop Technologies, Inc., a leading photonic designer & integrated manufacturer on fiber..
optics, optics, display optics and laser, announced its Wide-temp-operating (WTO) mini green laser, the newest addition to its Green Diode Laser (GDL) product family.

The WTO GDL series features higher power output (up to 200mW) and wider operating temperature (over 40 degree C working temperature range). It is specially designed for demanding out-doors applications in varied industrial market with rigid environment requirement.

Based on Photop unique laser package and crystal design, the WTO green laser is insensitive to temperature change, and operating without active cooling or heating system, which reduces the power consumption requirement and make the green laser be adapted to OEM & customized systems with more flexibility.

High reliability performance is also a very critical requirement for green lasers under extreme application conditions. Photop’s WTO green lasers are designed to wok with strict mechancial and environment reliability standards, including >1,000G shock tests, random-frequency vibration test, high-temp & high-humility and temperature cycling storage tests.

The competitive WTO green laser is ideal for Laser Aiming, Laser Alignment & Pointing, Surveying Equipments.

http://optics.org/cws/home

diachi

Re: Photop Announces Wide-temp-operating Mini Gree

Thats nice, but how much does it cost for a 100mW model ?

Diachi

Likely far more than you can afford ;). I highly doubt this is the rock-bottom quality stuff us hobbyists can afford to buy.

diachi

Well yeah, Im a teenager, not like I have that much money :p

So, essentially this is a durable laser that won't mode hop on a hot day...

Cool, but not too helpful for us :)

VillageIdiot said:
I want green diodes D:

We're workin on it, we're workin on it. Patience, we'll get there. ;D

These cost $400.00 wholesale for >200mw an internal PD is included; don't know how much they will actually retail for.

Benm

That's not even that expensive then... retail will likely be a lot more though. Then again, prices on such things come down over time, so i think we'll see it at some point.

The thing i'm wondering about though.. how does it work?!

Yes all things considered I didn't really think it was all that expensive either since I could get at the wholesale price if I really wanted it.

It may avoid misalignment, (of crystals, diode etc. ), from thermal expansion with use of very low expansion ceramic materials or such and may use larger or better crystals. Just guessing.