Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photonicinduction‬‏

I never saw any of his vids, this is the first I've heard of him. I saw a tribute vid someone made though, looks like I missed out =/ .

im so sorry you really did man you really did :(

from blowing up vacume cleaners and washing machines and televisions. to blowing up a coconut with electricity.........

It was too much attention for him. and he was unable to create a balance between IRL and youtube. He also noticed that 99% of people on the site are untalanted and only there for money.

I have never heard of him either, but I'm always sad when someone has to leave youtube.

Gah, I was literally watching his videos when he took it down. Can anyone summarise his leaving videos - not enjoying the pressure/atmosphere of YouTube? I'm assuming it's actually him talking to the camera, not faked?

Can someone have a backup video of where he explains why he left ??.. they also are no longer availlable!

Last edited:
Here we go!

I found a backup of the explanation :D

Guess what.. his final attempt is... shuting down the camera with.... a 1W green laser... and... it was unsuccesfull!...

Anyway.. i still really dont know why he shuted down everything... i mean the real reason ( s)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnalCJb2dJE

SOME MORE DEEP EXPLANATIONS FROM HIM HERE:

( credit to scaleop4's)
http://youtu.be/2W5lf4t_1Wg

Overall, he decided to shutdown everything because of two things: He did not appreciate that some people had copied his video or experiments to earn money with them. And he did not appreciate the new youtube layer upgrade that affected the comments and other informations.
and finally he want to spend more time other than youtube.

Doc

Last edited:
He's a moron. Its obvious he wanted fame, but didnt like what he got.

If he did it for fun, and just wanted to share the fun, he wouldnt care what people said. And of course people were going to copy it, they want to have the same fun. They gave him credit on the copy videos. How much more does he want? He has a zillion hits on all his videos, why not just be happy with that?

He's still an idiot in my book.. but an entertaining one at that!

Just thinking,

What Tesla the genius would do for the future generations if he had just a fraction of what we can buy in regular stores today.

Think about it

He is not an idiot or a moron, he know exactly what is he is doing and his videos was meant for those that understand it as well. His departure was very surprising though. To agree with TJ, I am not 100% convinced by all of his excuses why he decided to quit, but it is very sad he did nonetheless. And you, bob, is part the reason why he left, so you are part responsible for ruining it for us that enjoyed his videos. F*cking shame.

Well I'll have you know, that up until about a 2 weeks ago I was in constant contact with him via youtube PM, giving advice and getting help with a side project I am finishing. We were and still are on good grounds. Also if you thought that thread I made about him a while ago phased him... well I guess you don't know him too well.. do ya?

So before you go pointing fingers, get your facts straight.

Last edited: