Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PGL-III-M Review

Hmm I wonder how the tail clicky would work with the momentary on button? Click the tail switch then hit the button? That would be better than the safety pin and key lock.

Trevor

Wait till the 6 month warrenty is up then disable the 5 second warm-up ;) you can get a pin that will replace the trigger pin and not stick out so far so it dosn't get in the way, the other choice is to buy a new tail cap from CNI that only has a clicky in it ;)

I'll probably talk to Glenn about the tailcap.

Hmm I wonder how the tail clicky would work with the momentary on button? Click the tail switch then hit the button? That would be better than the safety pin and key lock.

I would probably just leave it clicked in, like how I leave the key switch keyed on.

-Trevor

I wonder if theres anything they can do about the shutter? That really sucks not being able to use the beam expander.

cmak

What about a side-clicky? They claim to be able to do one of those as well. By the way, that "remote connecter" thing on the bottom of the tailcap, seeing as it has no useful purpose (feel free to enlighten me as to how/why I'm wrong with that statement :p), could we possibly ask CNI to remove it / make the tailcap without it, to reduce bulk/length? Just tossing my couple cents in the jar...

peace & thanks
-cmak

They do make it without it. We can't figure out why Twhite got the only one that does have it...

cmak

Normally there's the button there, so now that there's no button, I guess they decided to put something in it's place. If there were others like this one (side button, no tailcap clicky) that didn't have the remote connector, that would be even weirder.

peace & thanks
-cmak

Trevor

I wonder if theres anything they can do about the shutter? That really sucks not being able to use the beam expander.

Short of getting me to send it back for them to redo it, I doubt it. Plus it's not 'defective,' so I really can't.

What about a side-clicky? They claim to be able to do one of those as well. By the way, that "remote connecter" thing on the bottom of the tailcap, seeing as it has no useful purpose (feel free to enlighten me as to how/why I'm wrong with that statement :p), could we possibly ask CNI to remove it / make the tailcap without it, to reduce bulk/length? Just tossing my couple cents in the jar...

peace & thanks
-cmak

A side-clicky would be nice yes, though I wish I could have both a clicky and a momentary. :p The remote connector is really just a safety-plug-thing. What's on the tail cap in lieu of a clicky is a key switch.

They do make it without it. We can't figure out why Twhite got the only one that does have it...

These features are available on request. That's why I'm rather confused; I didn't request them.

Normally there's the button there, so now that there's no button, I guess they decided to put something in it's place. If there were others like this one (side button, no tailcap clicky) that didn't have the remote connector, that would be even weirder.

peace & thanks
-cmak

They moved the button because a key switch was in the way. :p

-Trevor

Trevor

Umm. The kind that I bought from MrDusanMedic? Not sure.

-Trevor

Trevor

Alright thanks! Did you get my PM about the beam expander?

Ahh, yes I did. I meant to let you know that I'm trying to work with Glenn to get this resolved with CNI. Failing that, I'm going to sell the laser and get another without the features. The whole purpose I got this unit was to have a laser with absurdly low divergence. :)

-Trevor

Good luck! and .094mrad would be pretty sweet. I'm not sure I even want a beam expander yet, but since DL isn't offering them anymore I figured I should see if I can get one while they're still around.

The chance that CNI will just trade it for one without the safety devices is still not resolved, but I am hopeful. -Glenn

Good review. Could anyone tell us what does the "remote connector key" do since you mentioned that it has no FDA safety features? Thanks.

The key switch or other extra features might sacrifice its beauty. :)

Trevor

Good review. Could anyone tell us what does the "remote connector key" do since you mentioned that it has no FDA safety features? Thanks.

The key switch or other extra features might sacrifice its beauty. :)

The "remote connector" is a safety feature. It's a pin that you put in the side of the tailcap, and can be seen in the image of the key switch.

-Trevor