Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pgl 589 gb, dead in the water.

I have been in contact with CNI about a discount for a bulk order of PGL-III-C-589nm yellow 80mW laser. The retail for $840 plus $60 shipping and insurance so $900 total. For this GB of 10 units CNI has generously lowered the price for LPF to $585 not including shipping. This is a great price for a beautiful and highest quality yellow laser. So I am making this thread to find 10 buyers.

I will be handling the order, funding, and pick the lasers up in Canada driving them back into the United States to be metered and re-packaged. Then shipped to the buyers with tracking and insurance. The estimated cost per laser with everything included is;

$645 for buyers in the US
$665 international.

!!!------------o--!!!!!!!!__________________________________________________________________________________
!!!-o-------------!!!!!!!!
PGL-III-589

GB is officially full and closed to further buyers. Thank you all for making this GB so efficient and actually a pleasure to arrange. From idea conception with a feeler to moving onto payments stage in under 1 week. Thats how we roll!

Here is the list of buyers. this GB will be capped at 10 lasers.
1-Nwfreefly
2-Down with umbrella
3-Starlight
4-Spaceman
5-Clansley
6-Styropyro
7-Gozert
8-10fenny
9 Robert S
10-Ultimate Kaiser-(driver only)

Added- The lasers will be shipped in 3 parts from CNI to Canada so there won't be any problems with customs. Here are the pics they sent me showing the laser in 3 parts.

3-1%201_zpsf9t5znjp.jpg

2-1_zpsmkhgirax.jpg

1-1_zpsdlkkc8sl.jpg

Last edited:

Re: PGL-III-C-589 80mW feeler

I would be in for a laser, I missed the last group buy. This might actually follow through because there seems to be some interest.

Last edited:

Good to see you went through with the idea freefly, best of luck to everyone & keep me updated when you get your 589's :D

-Alex

now I'm tempted to sell my spartan towards one. or just rob bowtie guy for his:evil:

Damn... $585 instead of $840... I want one, but i cant decide if i want to spend that money right now. :D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

now I'm tempted to sell my spartan towards one. or just rob bowtie guy for his:evil:

Hey, I heard that!
I guess it's time to put it away in the safe. :D

nw, those are a couple of my favorites, thanks for showing them again! :beer:
I don't know how anyone can look at those, and not think that this is one of most beautiful wavelengths ever!

If those photos don't tempt, you're not alive.

dang bowtieguy, I didnt notice your spartan was so overspec too!! you really are a lucky bastard. mine is pretty much on spec, on average only 5mW or so over 50mW. it goes as low as 8-9mW when it gets warm

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Yep, I got real lucky with both of my 589's; I couldn't have picked a better wavelength to get lucky with either!
I would have been suspicious of my LPM readings, except that DJNY metered my CNI at exactly the same as what I did.

Last edited:

Just to tempt you further....OOoooo...Ahhhhh

Wow! While I'm on vacation I hiked up to the keck observatory hoping to catch a glimpse of some of that beautiful 589 in action but the summit closes to visitors at dusk.
I talked to someone up there about their systems and he said they run at 10-14Watts to excite the sodium in the mesosphere to the point at which it starts to glow. This creates an Artificial Guide Star and reduces wavefront distortion. It's amazing.
I apologize if this is off topic but this really inspired me to spend the money on a 589.

Last edited:

Wow! While I'm on vacation I hiked up to the keck observatory hoping to catch a glimpse of some of that beautiful 589 in action but the summit closes to visitors at dusk.
I talked to someone up there about their systems and he said they run at 10-14Watts to excite the sodium in the mesosphere to the point at which it starts to glow. This creates an Artificial Guide Star and reduces wavefront distortion. It's amazing.
I apologize if this is off topic but this really inspired me to spend the money on a 589.
I am with you 100%. 589 laser light is a really special thing. Wow 14W of 589 must be such an incredible sight in person! Wish you were able to see it. I bet if you set it up in advance they would allow a person up there to photograph it. Scientists are pretty awesome like that they often really appreciate the public taking an interest in their work and technology.

I got yellow fever and the only prescription for it is a PGL-III 589!
Now on topic Id like to add that I understand this may be a hard GB to get off the ground but I am willing to do as much as I can to make it happen. I understand I am a new member so people may not feel comfortable with me handling the money and I TOTALLY understand that as its a lot of money. But if nobody else steps up I would be happy to do the order and funding but still need a person outside the US to ship and receive.

The people over at CNI are really great so I want to also throw this out. In the event we only get a handful of people that commit, as in under 5, I think we should still see if they would give some discount. I dunno, just throwing that out there. If I can show them that these people would not normally be ordering they may work with us on the sale. They seem to work on commission which is a real plus for us.
I am buying one regardless so I can sleep at night again, lol. If you would still be wanting to buy with a lesser discount reply with that as well.

Thanks everyone for showing interest. I keep telling my wife that this my final big purchase, lol. I mean well when I say that but I don't think its every going to happen anytime soon.

Oh and one more pic to drool over....
fig3_HR_zpsmfbmfsy3.jpg

Last edited:

I'd buy one but I have no money...but I do need a driver from them so if you do this let me know so I can grab it without paying 60 bucks in shipping for a 30 dollar driver. :)

and since we're doing yellow lazer pronz..... have 100mW+ of each :whistle:

IMG_1805_zpsjqqqjduo.jpg

Last edited:

Ooh, get that ebay 593.5 working, did we? Hope you'll be posting more pics :)

I am buying one regardless so I can sleep at night again, lol. If you would still be wanting to buy with a lesser discount reply with that as well.

See, this is my problem, how do i tell my girlfriend that i need to buy that laser?
She already asked me, why im spending my money on things like this when i bought my 2W blue laser from Grix. :D

OOOh i thought it was 100. Still though....Pics? ;)