Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pgl 589 gb, dead in the water.

Re: PGL-III-C-589 80mW feeler

Nwfreely. Do you want to start a list in the OP? You can put me down for one

Ultimatekaiser, is that cni lab laser in your sig the laser in the right side of the photo? Where did you snag that?

The person at the keck I was talking to said the lasers were solid state. Imagine what that must cost but than again we're dealing with big players here.

Last edited:

Nwfreely. Do you want to start a list in the OP? You can put me down for one

Ultimatekaiser, is that cni lab laser in your sig the laser in the right side of the photo? Where did you snag that?

The person at the keck I was talking to said the lasers were solid state. Imagine what that must cost but than again we're dealing with big players here.

Yes thats a great idea. Ill do that now.

Last edited:

Well I was planning on getting a couple of other wavelengths soon. However, I'd definitely put those off to get in on this. You can put me down for one :)

Great! Got you guys on the list. ...we may just pull this thing off yet!

Last edited:

Well like you said it's still a feeler. Maybe give it alittle while longer before making it official from what I've seen group buys move slightly slower because of their nature then collecting payments takes time also. The shipping details will have too be figured out to because the U.S. shipping issues but + rep when I can nwfreely. Thanks for trying to get this kickstarted.

Last edited:

Well like you said it's still a feeler. Maybe give it alittle while longer before making it official from what I've seen group buys move slightly slower because of their nature than collecting payments takes time also. The shipping details will have to be figured out to because the U.S. shipping issues but + rep when I can nwfreely. Thanks for trying to get this kickstarted.

Sounds good. I took the word official out and replaced with interested members. Like you said we still have some details to work out before we get our hopes up too high but Ill do whatever I can to help this happen.

It is a customized laser. They're usually an MGL-F, but this one is an MGL-H, much like the green goldenstars we got a while back, and it is outputting roughly 100mW. I rebuilt and retuned it from the ground up to improve it as well as change it from a near tem01 to a more stable tem00...

the price....way too much...and i'll leave it at that.

I hope we all manage an order from CNI sometime. I have lots of little things I want from them too, but I dont want to pay 60+ bucks for a tiny amount of parts...too darn expensive

Last edited:

It is a customized laser. They're usually an MGL-F, but this one is an MGL-H, much like the green goldenstars we got a while back, and it is outputting roughly 100mW.

In the above statement are you talking about the keck's laser or yours in the photo? Just looking for some clearification. Are you implying the keck is using the MGL-F laser? I know the Canada-France telescope up there too probably has some AO also.

I hear ya on extras. I wouldn't mind putting in an order for some diffraction grating.

@ nwfreely, thanks the OP shows we got 4 people in. That's a good start!

I took some picture to help those who are on the edge of joining the GB. Now what you are a seeing is a 593.5 GLP which outputs a little over 2mW(some pictures appear brighter due to shower fog :D).

Hope this helps this GB and freefly in getting the members he needs :)

10485-006.jpg

10486-005.jpg

10487-004.jpg

Best of luck guys!

-Alex

Last edited:

Beautiful. And I was referring to mine. IIRC I think the keck is a 6w pulsed laser array. Summing two individual IR lasers to produce the 589 for the telescope.

That's a beauty of a laser Alex, thanks for posting these here!
Speaking of 593, I was looking at the LaserGlow 593.5 Vega today. Maybe some day but that is one expensive wl!!!! $1200 for 10mW!
I'm getting bit by the rare wl bug.

GR3EN

That's a beauty of a laser Alex, thanks for posting these here!
Speaking of 593, I was looking at the LaserGlow 593.5 Vega today. Maybe some day but that is one expensive wl!!!! $1200 for 10mW!
I'm getting bit by the rare wl bug.

10mw at ultralaser (official cni distributor as well also in canada) is $760 for 593 pgl. laserglow prices are rather high.

Alex,
The last photo may be your finest ever.

would every U.S. participant need to get their own contact outside of the U.S. to handle the relay, or could one person do it for all? wow that would be a lot of responsibility and pressure

Last edited:

would every U.S. participant need to get their own contact outside of the U.S. to handle the relay, or could one person do it for all? wow that would be a lot of responsibility and pressure

I was wondering about that myself - from the angle of "do I want to be that person?" Currently I'm not convinced - or should say I'm too scared! I am risk averse. On one side there's fear and on the other the fact that people have done group buys before so it must be ok. I started this thread so not to take this one off topic: http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/low-risk-group-buys-92927.html#post1350793

Last edited: