Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

For $129 dollars or twice that amount, this XYZ unit is a very nice device. I see nothing wrong with this, high quality for low dollars, not a common find.

Very interesting thing. I have been looking for circular stage of this type (to make a kind of tank turret for one laser) but could not find any.

Do they exist at all - I mean not linear but circular rotation and tilt positioners?

I searched under the term "tilting linear stage" on ebay and there are a couple, you could add other pieces together to produce the movement you want, but maybe not the compact size.

tmoney321

Nda4116 i dont have the money but i know these diodes are sought after so i figured id give everyone a heads up in case anyone is looking for one
I saw that last night when browsing and almost came here to post but figured someone had already seen it :) The current catalog of single-mode Nichias is exciting for sure, but still on the more-expensive side. I assume that will change as we go forward.

On another note - Is the data on the box specific to that diode? Just comparing it to spec sheet and curious.

GSS

So that's just the 808nm pump diode in a housing? How much output?

GSS

Ok, the crystal is inside that housing somewhat short module? and what s needed is the combiner and colomanating lenses.
I thought it was at least a 1W pump as the picture made it look big but just saw the specs as it a 40mw unit..
Still must be a nice efficient tight unit for that money..

GSS

You know that the 301 and 303 532nm that can be had for $6.00 are 50 mW to 80 mW. I have several of these.
Yes we know.
Has to be a reason they are priced so high i'm guessing???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes we know.
Has to be a reason they are priced so high i'm guessing???????????????????????????????????????????????????

The reason might be, that they are sold by Thorlabs and they guarantee the specified performance of their products, what is not the case for the cheap Chinese ones. If this justifies the higher price is up to the buyer.
For people here in the forum who are into pointers, I don't see a reason to pay the premium. For someone who plans to use these diodes in their own commercial products the higher price might be worth the consistency of the product

Singlemode