Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Peregrine - The Free, Open Source LPM Interface

sinner

2d972w3.png

sinner

Appreciate it man :beer: I'll keep an eye out for the new version!

P.S: Idk if its too much to ask but autoscaling to 0,5,10,20,..90,100,200,..900,1000,1500,2000,2500,...4500,5000,10000,20000 would work better with new background frame aswell..

Last edited:

Trevor

I heard from hakzaw1 a couple days ago about a potential bug - I want to know if anyone else has experienced it.

The reading was sitting at approximately -400mW; he restarted Peregrine and his LPM and it rested at approximately -20mW. He could not provide a log of raw serial data when the bug occurred, so I could not be sure what the source of the issue was.

I've tested Peregrine thoroughly and haven't found any reason to believe that this is an internal issue, however I am unwilling to make a blanket claim that it is not possible that this could be a fault in the software.

Has anyone had this issue?

Trevor

What!? A possible issue with software and where did you bring it up!? THE SOURCE OF THE ISSUE!? Ahhhh no you didnt!!!!! (Sarcasm, its a great thing)

Oh wait, thats the proper thing to do. Dang, recent threads have me all messed up. I was expecting a flame thread saying peregrine was flawed but way to do things the proper way :beer:

Trevor

Good news, everyone! A new version!

I didn't have an official public release of version 1.3.0.2, which started shipping with the Rubicon. I've added it to the changelog, but there's no download posted, as version 1.5.0.4 replaces it.

Changes
    • Added support for additional OpenLPM protocol functionality.
      • Enabled starting / restarting measurement via "s" packet.
      • Enabled starting / restarting measurement with parameters via "sp" packet header.
    • Added support for the Radiant Electronics datastream formatting.
    • Added automatic detection of datastream formatting, so that it is no longer necessary to specify a protocol.
    • Updated the baud rate selection process so that it can be changed while a device is connected; Peregrine automatically disconnects and reconnects to the device so it is not necessary to manually cycle the connection.

Everything in version 1.5 is pretty self-explanatory. I realized that all the currently used datastream formats are fairly easily distinguishable by analyzing only the first character in a data packet. Pretty simple implementation. The format is chosen on-the-fly, so the LPM can change its formatting during a test and Peregrine will continue to read the data without any issues.

I do want to make a note of the new OpenLPM features in version 1.3 though. When an LPM transmits "s" to Peregrine, it will start a new test using the currently configured settings. To use the parameterized start option, a packet formatted "sp <threshold> <time>" must be used; for example, "sp 10 60000" - where "10" is the threshold in milliwatts and "60000" is the duration of the test in milliseconds. This is useful for instances where it is desired to reset the test on the computer as well as on the LPM.

One final note - version 1.4 was skipped partially to avoid confusion with Atomicrox's beta build, and partially because the build of Peregrine on the master fork was a private release including the Radiant Electronics protocol.

Anyhow. Enjoy, and post any bugs here! :)

Trevor

Last edited:
well i cant start the application.
Error: could ot create the Java Virtual machine
Error: a fatal exeption has occured. Program will exit.

Trevor

Go into /lib/args.txt and change the first line.

It says " -Xms64m -Xmx2048m" - you need to change it to something like " -Xms64m -Xmx1024m" so it will start.

Your PC probably doesn't want to allow the JVM access to 2GB of RAM. :p

EDIT: I uploaded a new version using a smaller memory value, so as to save people the trouble of manually changing it. :)

Trevor

Last edited:
Go into /data/args.txt and change the first line.

It says " -Xms64m -Xmx2048m" - you need to change it to something like " -Xms64m -Xmx1024m" so it will start.

Your PC probably doesn't want to allow the JVM access to 2GB of RAM. :p

EDIT: I uploaded a new version using a smaller memory value, so as to save people the trouble of manually changing it. :)

Trevor

there is no such file. args.txt is available in /lib/ though.
chanched it there.
"cant find javaw.exe"

EDIT: changing the value back does not help. keep getting that error now.
while i get that error, another window opens wich says "Error calling Shellexecute() "

Last edited:

Trevor

there is no such file. args.txt is available in /lib/ though.
chanched it there.
"cant find javaw.exe"

EDIT: changing the value back does not help. keep getting that error now.
while i get that error, another window opens wich says "Error calling Shellexecute() "

Oops, yeah, it's in /lib/. :)

The error you're now getting is most often associated with not having Java installed.

Trevor

Oops, yeah, it's in /lib/. :)

The error you're now getting is most often associated with not having Java installed.

Trevor

always problems with this stopid java...
ive re-installed it alot of times already, did it today again.
its definatly installed. both the 32 and 64 bit versions, also tried removing one of them.
Testing it in browsers and it works.