Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

people sambody sell me a 50mW@473nm for 300 euro

Jaseth

I admit that a report was somewhat over the top and I am sorry, I was very heated up about all the spamming lately.
I just saw this guys other thread where he swears several times and constantly mass-posts with no spellcheck or accuracy whatsoever, and not ever having used the search button. Adding to that, 19 posts in 3 days and stating a price which is almost an insult.. It just got me thinking it might be someone spamming on purpose.
However, I overreacted, sorry.

Please remux, read a bit on the forum and use the search button. Also try to post once every time you have to say something, instead of clicking send after each sentence.

ideas

ok, poeple will read this if they are interested or have something to offer to you.
Now let it go and stop spamming the board please.

So let me get this straight. If you post in the proper section and ask questions that are perfectly legit, that's considered spamming? Or is it when you post in the right place and ask perfectly legit questions and your posts don't seem quite as long as other people might want? Please, clarify. I've gone back over every post that this guy has made since he's been on the forum, and I have yet to see anything that is all that offensive (maybe a little language, oh darn). The posts are in the proper threads, and so far everything he's asked has been legitimate.

Personally, I think certain people just like feeling important, so they bash everyone whose posts don't live up to their oh-so-high opinion of a legitimate post.

Last edited:

Jaseth

I would say it qualifies as spamming when you write 11 posts in one thread where you only had to respond twice apart from the initial post. A thread beginning with "BLUE BLUE BLUE i need BLUE" might not be complete spam, but it sure shows how little you care about presenting your questions and doing any research at all. If he had searched just a bit he would also know that requesting a 473nm, first for €200 in his first and then for €300 in his next thread would be a waste of time and forum space.
I have given an apology for freaking out like I did and I do not see why you have to attack me. I think most people would agree that this guy needs to use the search button and try a bit harder with his posts.
This is my last post on the thread, don't want to hijack this.

^My post wasn't aimed at you in particular, but if you want to claim it, be my guest. No one is attacking you, in fact I'd say it's the other way around. I do agree that he could have done more searching, and I'm a huge advocate of doing research, but at the same time a lot of people here are running the new folks away by jumping on them constantly. This is what I disagree with. It's not up to you to force your opinion of a quality post on others. Maybe if he had said something really rude or offensive or broken the forum rules but he hasn't so far. There's just too many people here who have decided to take it upon themselves to be the "LPF police". That has made it difficult for anyone who might not have a lot of experience on forums (and consequently might not know how it works) to post without getting attacked. Like I said before, let's focus some of that energy into trying to solve real problems instead of making yourself feel important by bashing every post that doesen't meet up to your opinion of a good, quality post.

It's a travesty when veterans get run off, but to me it's also a real problem when the new people get run off as well. For all we know some of them could have valuable input. If not now, then maybe in the future after they learn a bit. New faces are valuable to any hobby and lasers are no exception.

Well done Pat, I couldn't have said it better myself:thanks:.................rob

I would say it qualifies as spamming when you write 11 posts in one thread QUOTE]

i have an idea(s) it is his thread. he can do with it what ever he wants!!!!!! :na: not everybody who joins a forum has forum etiquet. it is a learnd skill, like putting your napkin on your lap. He obviously isn't from an english speaking country. he is ambitious to get a laser. fyi, i thought spam was a sells thing? this guy is trying to buy.

@elektrofreak, i can show you 3 or 4 of my own posts in different threads, we are talking to deaf ears. no matter what we say it won't get through.:yabbem:

Last edited:

Eku

It has begun.

Attachments

• FLAMEWAR.gif
    FLAMEWAR.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 63

Jaseth

Look.. I am going to break my word and post again in this thread just to put out my final words on the matter. I do not want any conflict and I completely overreacted because I am stressed about my final exams and have just experienced huge waves of spam, not only on this forum but also in my email, messenger and on several other accounts.
I got the wrong idea as I thought the lack of etiquette was because it was a new way of spamming - such as what a person who called himself "senkat" did a while ago (not SenKat).
I hope for remux that he will find what he needs and that I have not scared him off.

I do however have some points to counter:
Firstly, it surprises me a lot that you say they don't speak English in Ireland.. what do you think they speak? Korean?
Secondly NO. It is NOT his thread and he cannot do what he wants with it. A thread is the whole forum's (or mostly c0ld's) and is allowed to be used by anyone as long as the posts are relevant and follow forum rules. He does not gain a right to post 11 times when he could have posted 3 times simply because he started the thread, it is not proper etiquette and is in most places you would be told to stop multi-posting and very likely lose reputation (reporting was still far too much from me though).
ElektroFreak himself recently flipped because Silvershot wrote
"Guys, don't you think we 've had enough with that mixed track you are talking about? Let's just forget about it and enjoy the magic of trance music :)
Post more mixes if you want :)"
on Silvershots "own" thread.
Silvershot then said
"You can talk about whatever you want but I don't see a point why you talk so much about that mix. Imo, it's a nice track and it would rather stay unmixed. Some tracks are designed to stay as they were made so, no, I think it's perfect as it is :)"
Clearly this showed that he was just expressing an opinion and that he did not deserve being jumped at and losing 4 rep points.

I think your holy conquest of making all the people who don't bother searching or reading feel at home is a bit deluded. This was the first forum I ever joined and yet I did not have any problems adjusting to the rules and learning how you are supposed to behave and it seems that almost everyone else who has joined here feels the same. I highly doubt someone who has the worst forum etiquette I have ever seen (apart from some people during flamewars) will be as valuable as the many veterans who are turning away because of threads like this.

^For the record, I jumped on Silvershot because he tried to dictate to me what I could say on that thread, which is BS. It had nothing to do with his opinion on that track. This is an open forum and people should be able to speak openly about what they want to as long as it isn't rude, offensive, or breaking forum rules. Those are the only requirements. Anything else is BS. Period.

I tell people regularly to use the search function and do research for themselves, but what's been talked about on this thread has nothing to do with research. The guy either wants a used 473 or his broken one repaired.

Based on your close scrutiny of my recent activity I think you've just got some personal issue with me, and if that's the case take it to PMs and don't tie up this thread any longer with your jabs at me. I'll be happy to debate the subject further via PMs, so I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

remux

ok guys this is my first forum i ever bin ok

yes im in ireland but im not irish ok

im from lithuania i can essy spek in 4 languages,but im not good for writning ok

but so wath ons you anderstand wath i want

& im not spaming your forum

ok now maybe sambody wants to buy of me that broken module

i bont know how much it cot but i know them kristals are bit expensive

i dont vant rob enewone open to ofers

thanks & special thanks to ElectroFreak thanks

I think that Elektrofreak has as much right to make a comment on this Forum as you, me, or anyone else has. This is, last time I checked a free forum. Just like AMERICA, land of the free, & home of the brave............rob

remux thank you for making it clear that just because a person is in a country, it doesn't mean it is their native one. at least you post where you are from. :whistle:

@jaseth, it sucks to be stressed. believe me I know. I work at a struggling family business. but remember to treat people the way you want to be treated. anywho, good luck with your exams