Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Peanuts!

Peanuts + Blu-ray = Glow in the dark! :eek:

You'll see a very faint glow in the nut when you turn the laser off in the dark. How strange. ::)
I couldn't get in on camera, but you will be able to see it and it lasts for about a second. Try it! :D

By any chance, did the peanuts come from an area full of nuclear fallout?

I'll have to try that sometime BTW ;D

Yeah, my dad work as a nuclear safety inspector at the local nuclear power plant and I found the nuts in he's lunchbox LOL.

Me too, I am actually eating peanuts by now! ;D Unfortunatley, I have to wait some weeks before my first blu-ray laser will arrive. :'(

Man, you're gonna love it! I play with my blu-ray way more than with my x125.

The list of fun and amazing things you can do with it is so loooooooooong. :D

roSSco

That's nuts!

rimshot.gif

FireMyLaser said:
Man, you're gonna love it! I play with my blu-ray way more than with my x125.

The list of fun and amazing things you can do with it is so loooooooooong. :D
What is the power of your blu-ray then? Does your have a visible beam in the dark?
The main reason I would like a blu-ray is the amazing fact that it fluoresces many objects. :cool: I like the color, but I have not seen any in person yet.Do they look better in real life than in pics?

Donno the power, maybe ~10mw (it can burn stuff). It's just bright enough to be able to see the beam when it's dark. When the eyes adjust to the dark, it looks really cool.

Blu-rays look super-ultra-mega bright in the pictures, but it's just the camera that picks it up really well and screw up the true colour- it looks much better in real life IMO, but only you can decide when you get one.

FireMyLaser said:
Donno the power, maybe ~10mw (it can burn stuff). It's just bright enough to be able to see the beam when it's dark. When the eyes adjust to the dark, it looks really cool.

Blu-rays look super-ultra-mega bright in the pictures, but it's just the camera that picks it up really well and screw up the true colour- it looks much better in real life IMO, but only you can decide when you get one.
Amazing that a 10mw will have a visible beam. :) My bluray will be at about 70mw, the brightness of it must look incredible! :cool:

At 70mW, you will have a slightly visible beam in a dim room. In pitch dark, you'll see it quite well.. until you hit something such as white cotton and the whole room lights up LOL. Smoke or fog really brings out the beauty of the beam.. I can only imagine one in a scanner. Oh, and indoors in a well lit room, you may be able to see the beam if you look straight down it.

My first build was ~10mW, then the diode died.. So I upgraded to an 803T for about 80mW.. then built the laser better, and upped to 100mA for 90+mW :eek:. I'll never go back to 10mW LOL.

Picutres can never do these justice... you just have to see for yourself:D Then when you try glow in the dark/flourescent objects you just stare in awe LOL. The dot on say a paneling wall, or out in the daylight isn't super bright, but when used properly these lasers really are a work of art [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

just watch your eyees(of course).. AND your skin.. these will make your skin uncomfortably hot QUICK even when not focused! :p :eek:

Man, why did a spend all my money on the GB blu's? :'(

I'll make some pointers out of them and sell em'. ::) In Sweden.

I want NEED more power!!! [smiley=evil.gif]

Yes, contact me if you will have any lasers for sale, because I live in Sweden as well. If I am interested depends on the power, the build quality and of course the price. ;)

(Since this was my 101st post, I am now allowed to use class 2 lasers! ;D)

Peanut butter glows too! It looks like what a green laser would do to a glowing surface.. just a short faint glow behind the laser.
now the violet laser on a glowing surface... WOW

Does anyone know why peanuts glow? I couldn't find anything on google!
Someone needs to write a paper :)

If anyone has some Syrian Rue, steep it in some hot water for a while, filter it, and shine your laser through the water

roSSco

wicked1 said:
Peanut butter glows too! It looks like what a green laser would do to a glowing surface.. just a short faint glow behind the laser.
now the violet laser on a glowing surface... WOW

Does anyone know why peanuts glow? I couldn't find anything on google!
Someone needs to write a paper :)

If anyone has some Syrian Rue, steep it in some hot water for a while, filter it, and shine your laser through the water
I noticed that right away because I didn't have any peanuts handy. :D I just didn't post it.

it even works on peanut butter ;D

before:

Attachments

• STA72856.JPG
    STA72856.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 86