Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PCB Vise....

Hi Paul ,
Granted your right they sill make $$. Me I like tooling and tools im addicted honestly. if it will make the build easier well thats us to the consumer buddy. But your point of view is correct. Salute!!

@ Lew thanks pal I just like to share new stuff that will maybe support our great hobby. Glad you enjoyed it ..

Rich

hi BM,
thanks buddy tools make things easier and this vise fits a slot in the tool dept. Thanks for checking it out..

Rich:)

Like the one Paul just bought, but from Amazon a couple bucks less and prime shipping if you have that:

Aven 17010 Adjustable Circuit Board Holder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q2TTQEE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_EJPsBbS3ZJZ0G

It does seem very versatile (I got it last week). A bit larger than I anticipated, a pico drive is almost comical sitting in one of these, but still seems like a quality product for the price. I think you'll get plenty of use from it, Paul!

Yeah, I got the dimensions of the holder before I bought it. It isn't really huge, but it will hold most anything from a Pico Drive to a 4 inch PCB. I really liked the fact that is so adjustable. I paid $15.05 for mine, so almost $3.00 more, but that is okay.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Cool, I was also looking at a couple of alternative holder styles; I kind of like this this one too, it's a Panavise #201Junior Miniature Vice, $25.98 on Amazon. :yh:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...6-8207-40cb-a925-0a3d8b53a8b9&pf_rd_i=desktop

Well, I went ahead and ordered the above vice that I linked to the other day, figuring with it's flexability, I could also use it to hold other items.
I received it today, and it's a solid little tool that will hold hosts and other larger items easily, it's also a great substitute for a small to midsize tripod. :yh:

Here's a few pics, sorry not the best quality.

ZvBvhlt.jpg

cJQuB49.jpg

l42jgcp.jpg

Rich, sorry for the thread highjacking. :yabbem:

Last edited:
IDK. I don't like the large faucet handle and the fact that the holder arms have to be so long to clear it you can't get to the inside part of the PCB easily. Will have to see how I like the one I have coming once it gets here.

Oh, that's better, but how are you finding getting to the inside part of the driver board inside those long arms? It looks like you need to switch the board around where the inside is then outside to access it properly.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, you would have to either do that or leave the board stick out partially at one end, or stand it up like in this pic below.
This really isn't a dedicated pcb board holder, but at least for me, it beats the old helping hands and alligator clips. :yh:

BTW, the large rotary handle is off in this pic, it's lying on the board.

sQxckYx.jpg

Last edited: