Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PC PSU into a Lab PSU

The key is to not use an LM317 driver, but a switching converter. My plan is to boost up to 48V with a high-powered boost converter, then use a buck converter to drop it down to whatever voltage/current level I need.

The PSU already doubles, rectifies, and bucks. You want to make it double -> rectify -> buck -> boost -> buck?

What are you, a politician? :na:

Haha :p But seriously, I couldn't find any ICs that would buck and boost with that high of a current that was also current controllable. So I figure that I will get a regulated 48V power supply that supplies 2A or so and then make a buck converter that regulates the current.

However, I am having trouble working out a design with adjustable current until it wants more voltage AND adjustable voltage until it wants more current... ya know? That's the goal.

Or... maybe just make two lines... one for regulated voltage and the other for regulated current, and change at the flip of a switch? What do you think?