Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PBS Cubes for combining red or blue beams

Daedal

What? the pictures? ;D

Nope... I'm not that lucky... and not that determined to have a 5-watt solid-state red laser ;D

--DDL

SenKat said:
Cannot recall my login info to see the pics. So - PLEASE correct me if I am wrong...but without using polarized lasers, these beam combiners won't work ? My Optics education is not up to par with some of you folks, so if someone would care to humiliate me, and my feeble little brain, I would appreciate it ! :)
SenKat I am not sure anyone answered your question. I know the open can diodes in a lite on dvdrw drive are polarized.
I was in walgreens and I went to the sunglasses section, I took one of thier POLARIZED pairs of sunglasses and shined my open can red thru it, when I turn the laser the beam that passes thru goes from bright to dim, this means my laser is outputting polarized light. You can see this happen also by taking TWO pairs of Polarized sunglasses and looking thru both of them at a light, you turn one of them and the light can be varied in intensity.

I have some pictures on the subject, I believe Arctos holds the patent on this,
here is one of their pictures (I hope this is not illegal to share)

(Arctos 8 Red LASER Combiner - Patent)
ae1rx3.gif

Here is a picture up close showing how this is done, It looks like he is using a PBS
(Polarizing Beam Splitter) where one side is at 780nm (like what is used in a dvdrw,
yet a BIGGER cube compared to what I see in the Lite On drive.)

(Obviously this is only joining the power of TWO lasers)

scb4lt.jpg

Here (On the left) is a different configuration where both the RED
Lasers are pointing in the same direction, while one is bounced (Left one)
from a mirror into the PBS. After this red is proccessed it goes onto dichroic filters
to finally combine the green and blue

ngac6t.jpg

Double the fun for double pleasure
(once you go past combining TWO lasers you cannot literally/coaxially combine more
and you can only do your best at getting the resultant combinations as close to each
other as you can, notice the two seperate beams for an ouput)

2113xcj.jpg

And if that isnt enough of a thrill you can always add 48 of them together

(If I recall correctly this guy has a combined RGB output of 35 watts and it is the patent holding Arctos unit)

2iie6xk.jpg

The patents for this are on the internet somewhere

Daedal

Alright guys... The order is almost done for me over at LaserWave... I have not heard back from them regarding the mount yet, but was told that the units should make their way here very shortly.

I just wanted to finalize the order quantity for the PBS cubes... so far this is what I have:

Hemlock Mike -- 1 x Red
Vizp -- 2 x Red & 1 x Blue
JES -- 1 x Red

Anyone else? Remember these will be $30 + a very small amount for shipping (~$3-$5) and then shipping to you which depends on the packaging they come in could be in an envelope or in a box (for the safe delivery of the item).

Please also know that cubes of this quality have been sold on eBay for $120+ and I couldn't find them cheaper anywhere else... :eek:

I wouldn't call this a GB per say... I am ordering things from there and if anyone is interested in tagging their order along for a cheaper shipping rate you're welcome to... and if you would like to order from them directly the address is available up in the thread :)

Thanx;
DDL

DDL --
Looks like the GB on PL is dead. Make my order for 2 red + 1 Blue. Those pictures above are nice :cool:
Where do I send the $ ??

Mike

Daedal

Just PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the invoice... unless you want the kind of interface as I did for the BluRay GB?

Thanx;
DDL

bridge

Hi all,
This is bridge, the same both in PL and LPF, it is my glad to say hello to everybody. Thks for all of you interesting our products.
Ok, I am so sorry, I had seen this topic till now, thks for all of you interesting our products. Because some of you don’t clear the use of our PBS, I draw the light path with CAD that all of you can see it clearly.with the two same polarization(as P polarization) wavelength lasers , rotate 90 degree you can another polarization(S polarization) laser, and used our PBS you can combine the two different polarization lasers to one, and the power is the sum of the two lasers(as you know, some loss always exist, someone had test our PBS, the result is link at there: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3009),so don’t worry about you can’t got big power lasers,

We also did dichroic mirror for RGB lasers, you can see the drawing here,which with good quality and reasonable price too, anybody interesting this?

Yes, www.laser-wave.com is our web, as you know, we are major in lasers,and there is the hadn’t finished test of our lasers(http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3248), I had send this lasers to Cruch about a month ago, till now ,it is work very well and he told me him will finished the test soon and put the finished review on PL forums, please attention it . Daedal in this forums said he’d like to test our lasers too, yes, maybe he will receive our lasers soon.
This little products(PBS and RGB dichroic mirror) we didn’t put on our web, as all of you like to find things through web, we will put it on our web soon,thks for give us good informations.
Best regards!
Bridge

Attachments

• light_path_of_PBS_and_RGB_dichoric.doc
    512 bytes · Views: 224

Daedal

Thank you very much for posting on here Bridge :D

I am definitely looking forward to testing the lasers you will be sending me... ;)

As about those dichroic mirrors... could you fill me in on the prices? I might be interested in a couple of them... also I would like to know how much the gratings are... Those seem interesting to me too...

Thank you very much... :)

--DDL

DDL --

Where are you finding this stuff from Bridge ?? Sounds like he's got good things.

Mike

Daedal

E-mail ;)

I ask and they are excellent with communications. I am now finalizing my order and will be wiring the funds tomorrow... the stuff should be here within a couple weeks :D

Keep a look out :p

--DDL

vizp

DDL,
It's two (2) red and one (1) blue cubes for me. :p :p :p (This is total, not additional.) :)

Daedal

Ya... I was a bit slow to update it here... but I sent you the invoices ;)

I'll update it right now... thank you for noting that.

--DDL