Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Payments Stage | GB | New CNC Machined Custom Designed Host for $18

Re: GB | New CNC Machined Custom Designed Host for $18 - Copper Option Available

I could be interested if lets say i bought one , could someone like thejoker or someone put in a low powered 635nm diode so i have a working laser? is this possible ?

Re: GB | New CNC Machined Custom Designed Host for $18 - Copper Option Available

I could be interested if lets say i bought one , could someone like thejoker or someone put in a low powered 635nm diode so i have a working laser? is this possible ?

Hi :)

Sure no problem.

I will stock these and sell them as complete lasers on my website as well.

Contact me by PM about a price.

I hope this GB will end soon. I will do my best to render the prototype this weekend.

:beer:

Hello everyone. I am here all day to take orders and to answer questions. We only need 19 more hosts to make this group buy a success. Anyone else who wants to participate just post here or PM me if you'd rather.

Just an update. I am here all day to take orders and answer questions. Thejoker301 has been busy with school and his laser business which has pushed back some of his commitments to get more information out in a timely fashion. He is still in this for the long haul, as am I. So, if there are any members who want to participate or even just ask some questions, I will be available until late this evening.

19 more is alot.. strange there isnt more whos interested... seems like a nice host for its price to me.

Jstr

I noticed the spreadsheet does not have the joker on it. How many hosts does that account for? Is he included in the moq?

Since he is stocking them, could he help us out and take some extra for his stock?

I believe thejoker301's order is there, not on the spreadsheet, but it is the larger amount of the order. The 50 units we need to get this done is his order plus these 50 units. Yeah, 19 is a lot right now, but thejoker301 emailed me yesterday and said the new rendition would be finished soon and I'm hoping that will breath some more life into this stalled group buy. I'll be around all day and late tonight to answer questions and to (hopefully) take orders. Thanks for participating.

Can I change my order from 3 aluminum hosts to 2 aluminum + 2 copper?
What would be an estimate on how much longer the copper version could run at a set current verses the aluminum? 50% longer?

Mattroium, The thermal conductivity of aluminum is 237 watts per meters degrees Kelvin, while the thermal conductivity of copper is 401 W/m K. This makes the copper option much greater than aluminum. It is also the reason that most of the orders are all for copper. I would say that you should be able to double your heat transfer, so that will increase your duty cycle by a lot. The exact amount I am not sure right off the top of my head. But, I'm sure you can find it if you look.

Mattronium, check the spreadsheet. You are now down for two aluminum and two copper. :D

Last edited:

I heard from thejoker301. He told me his rendition is nearly finished, but more importantly, he said he planned on putting an end date for this group buy at October 20th. He plans on taking all the hosts that we are short of himself, so there are 17 days left to this group buy. :drool::drool::drool:

Last edited:

SN P

Hey Paul, unfortunately, unforeseen events mean that I must pull out if this group buy. Was looking forward to having a couple of these but that's no longer possible. Thank you, however, for putting up with my requests to change the order multiple times

SN P, sorry to see you go. I will delete you from the spreadsheet. If you change your mind by the 20th, I will add you back. Take Care, Paul

I'll be here all weekend to take orders and answer questions. We have 16 days left on this group buy, so if you are interested in a new machined host at an exceptional price, with the option of a copper head post your order and I will add you to the spreadsheet.

Rifter

Good to hear this has a date set now, hopefully it goes as smooth as the last one.

Yes, And I will be around all day and night to take orders and answer questions. Just 13 days left to get in on this group buy.

Just ten days left until this group buy closes. If you want a nice machined host at an exceptional price, sign up today. I will be available to take orders and answer questions all day and late tonight.