Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Panasonic 3400mah 18650 Cell Now Available!

Rifter;

The power module we must use for international shipping is a tight fit.

If you warm it up slightly, the tabs holding the cells in, are more flexible.

Let us know how they perform.

Larry

Last edited:

Rifter

I was worried if I tried to take them out via the tabs that it might damage the heatshrink on the batteries.

They perform very well, fresh off my i2 charger they read 4.16 which after 30 min of rest the cell reads 4.24. This seems normal for my charger as all brand cells so far behave that way.

The only other 18650 sized cells I have are ultrafire brand that claim 3000mah. Compared to the Panasonic 2900mah cells it's not even a real comparison, Panasonic last over twice as long, with much more steady output, voltage on the ultrafire brand batteries jumped around a bit while it was discharging. I would say the ultrafire brand labeled as 3000 might have 1100 or so real capacity.

Ultrafire also gets hot charging, the Panasonic gets warm at the most, never hot.

I am very happy with my purchase and just threw my ultrafire 18650 cells away.

The only other 18650 sized cells I have are ultrafire brand that claim 3000mah. Compared to the Panasonic 2900mah cells it's not even a real comparison, Panasonic last over twice as long, with much more steady output, voltage on the ultrafire brand batteries jumped around a bit while it was discharging. I would say the ultrafire brand labeled as 3000 might have 1100 or so real capacity.

Ultrafire also gets hot charging, the Panasonic gets warm at the most, never hot.

I am very happy with my purchase and just threw my ultrafire 18650 cells away.

Hot cells when charging are a potential problem. Throwing them away is actually the safest idea.

LarryDFW

plan on ordering a few soon.. What is the difference between button top and flat top? I have not read WHAT the button does or doesn't do. Thanks

Rifter

plan on ordering a few soon.. What is the difference between button top and flat top? I have not read WHAT the button does or doesn't do. Thanks

Hosts that have a spring at both end will work fine with a flat top or button top. Hosts that have a spring at one end only and a flat contact board at the other will only work with button tops as without the button the batteries + end will not make contact with the contact board.

Rifter has given a good explanation. The buttons I solder on, just allow contact between multiple cells or flat contacts on the laser/light.

Some advantages my buttons have are :

1. Lower Contact Resistance for greater power

2. Less change in length for cell (~65.5mm)

LarryDFW

just ordered a pair of these cells. ordered the flat top ones hope they work in my lasers. Bought flat top because the 18650's I've been using are very hard to get the tail caps on without potentially cross threading.

I'll bet these arrive before the pair I ordered from fasttech back in June

Update : the batteries arrived on Saturday (4 days after placing order) and just holding in my hand I could tell they we're better than the ultrafire junk I was using. threw them on a scale and the ultra weighed 30g and the Panasonic weighs 45g. Packaging was top notch also, Thanks Larry I will be buying again.

IMG_20140809_205718_887.jpg

Last edited:
F.Y.I. . . China shipping has had another setback . . . Any shipments with battery cells is now shipping by surface transportation only . . . This means by slow boat and many are taking two months for delivery to the U.S. in many cases

LarryDFW

Last edited:
F.Y.I. . . China shipping has had another setback . . . Any shipments with battery cells is now shipping by surface transportation only . . . This means by slow boat and many are taking two months for delivery to the U.S. in many cases

LarryDFW
Yup, i have been waiting 3 months for my four ncr18650s from fasttech, and in the time i have waited i have ordered 3 sets of 2xncr18650 at separate times from banggood and they have been averaging 2-3 weeks from order to arrival, and this is shipped to New Zelaand!

rhd

Yup, i have been waiting 3 months for my four ncr18650s from fasttech, and in the time i have waited i have ordered 3 sets of 2xncr18650 at separate times from banggood and they have been averaging 2-3 weeks from order to arrival, and this is shipped to New Zelaand!

I ended up PayPal disputing my 18650 order from FastTech and got a refund. They clearly have some fulfillment / shipping issues.

It's not Fasttech that is holding the cells up.

Packages are being X-rayed . . .

and anything that looks like a battery cell . . .

is being changed to surface transportation (boat) by the originating post office.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
I just placed an order for one of these awesome batteries to try out in one of my 303 Lasers. So far I have only used it with one of the gold UltraFire 4000mah from Banggood which is only like a 1300mah battery and I though it did pretty well, so I cant wait to try one of these out.

Im using this laser in a Halloween prop that Im going to need going for about 4 to 6 hours for that night and I tested the Ultrafire battery fully charged to last just about 4 hours in the laser. Would you say its safe to say that this battery should get me to at least 6 hours?

This laser was bought just for this prop so Im not overly concerned about its longevity since there so cheap and I have a back up already, but do you think this battery will be harder on the laser than the Ultrafire when the lasers are ran for the same amount of time?

Last edited:
Do you know how to do a tailcap reading? if you get a multimeter and do this you can use this number to get a close estimate runtime for your laser providing the battery capacity is true,
If you are going to run the battery until the laser stops working you may want to look into protected cells, is the cell you ordered from B.G. protected? have a read about Li-Ion cells and over discharge also, you may be using your ultrafire battery to low voltages which are considered unsafe for re-charging,
Use the LPF Seach button and have a little read,

Possibly wrong section for our Posts , lets leave it at this, Goodluck
I just placed an order for one of these awesome batteries to try out in one of my 303 Lasers. So far I have only used it with one of the gold UltraFire 4000mah from Banggood which is only like a 1300mah battery and I though it did pretty well, so I cant wait to try one of these out.

Im using this laser in a Halloween prop that Im going to need going for about 4 to 6 hours for that night and I tested the Ultrafire battery fully charged to last just about 4 hours in the laser. Would you say its safe to say that this battery should get me to at least 6 hours?

This laser was bought just for this prop so Im not overly concerned about its longevity since there so cheap and I have a back up already, but do you think this battery will be harder on the laser than the Ultrafire when the lasers are ran for the same amount of time?

Last edited:
Do you know how to do a tailcap reading? if you get a multimeter and do this you can use this number to get a close estimate runtime for your laser providing the battery capacity is true,
If you are going to run the battery until the laser stops working you may want to look into protected cells, is the cell you ordered from B.G. protected? have a read about Li-Ion cells and over discharge also, you may be using your ultrafire battery to low voltages which are considered unsafe for re-charging,
Use the LPF Seach button and have a little read,

Possibly wrong section for our Posts , lets leave it at this, Goodluck

Im pretty familiar Li-ion's and Li-po's from my RC hobby, so no worries there. I did run the protected banggood battery until it stopped but I knew it was protected and that's why I let it go to test it. This new battery is unprotected so I know not to let it go until it stops. I was going to test the new Panasonic battery out buy testing the voltage every hour and see how long it takes until the voltage gets down to 3v. After that I'll know a good hour range that it will be safe to let it run for.

Last edited:
Jeremy;

If the Ultrafire cell lasted 4 hours,

the 3400mah Panny cell will easily last 6 hours, even though the output will be higher.

Your cell shipped day after your order by 1st Class Mail.

LarryDFW