Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PA also known as PAS

daguin

Friends,
I come here today to talk to you all about a frighting condition known as Photon Addiction, more commonly referred to as Photon Addiction Syndrome (PAS).

National statistics show that one out of every two members on the web site "Laser Pointer Forums" suffer from this debilitating disease. This number may be even higher outside the United States where lasers have less restrictions.

PAS may affect you or someone you love. Act now before it's too late.

Know the warning signs of P.A.S:

* An overwhelming urge to spend excess money on lasers.
* A tingling sensation or rapid heartbeat at the first sign of a laser beam.
* Thinking you can stop at anytime.
* An overwhelming fear that a "must have" laser will sell to someone else, before you get through the PayPal process.
* Insomnia caused by frequent thoughts of "The Perfect Beam Shot"
* You check laser enthusiast forums more frequently then E-Mail
* Someone complements you on your "blue" shirt and the only thing you can say is; "Blue? What are you color blind? This is clearly 445nm, the least you could do is call it Blue-Violet. It's not like I'm wearing 473nm"

You may also find physical evidence of abuse, such as actual Lasers or laser paraphernalia. Unusual quantities or sizes of batteries, flashlights, or a collection of objects that either glow in the dark or florescence under "black light".

Just today I found the most appalling "stash" in my own house. Can you believe someone could do such a thing?

laserscropped003.jpg

Signed,
Addicted in Pekin
:D

Meh . . .

I don't see one high-output HeNe nor a single HeCd in that lot

Pffffft! -- Amateurs :eg:

Peace,
dave

I want to see Aryntha's collection all laid out. But I bet he doesn't have a room big enough in his house to do that. heh. Mine took up a lot of room too about a decade ago when all I pretty much had was argon-ions, and about a dozen of those at that. But most of them have been sold off over the years, and the systems I have left if they can be revived, will be destined to the same fate.

Last edited:
Yep. I definitely have PAS. I have it BAAAAAAD.

Thankfully, the cure is MOAR LASERS.

This holiday season is sure to deliver; I have 8 or 9 lasers arriving around Xmas. Yes, then I will be cured for sure... ;) :whistle:

3 650nm modules for an upcoming amateur radio project.
4 HeNe heads, no idea if any work or can be made to work.
1 HeNe tube, bare, but guaranteed to work
and I might have a labby in the works!

LaZeRz

I knew I had PAS when I started talking about the divergence of 660 diodes to a friend who is clueless in regards to lasers.