Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PA also known as PAS

Friends,
I come here today to talk to you all about a frighting condition known as Photon Addiction, more commonly referred to as Photon Addiction Syndrome (PAS).

National statistics show that one out of every two members on the web site "Laser Pointer Forums" suffer from this debilitating disease. This number may be even higher outside the United States where lasers have less restrictions.

PAS may affect you or someone you love. Act now before it's too late.

Know the warning signs of P.A.S:

* An overwhelming urge to spend excess money on lasers.
* A tingling sensation or rapid heartbeat at the first sign of a laser beam.
* Thinking you can stop at anytime.
* An overwhelming fear that a "must have" laser will sell to someone else, before you get through the PayPal process.
* Insomnia caused by frequent thoughts of "The Perfect Beam Shot"
* You check laser enthusiast forums more frequently then E-Mail
* Someone complements you on your "blue" shirt and the only thing you can say is; "Blue? What are you color blind? This is clearly 445nm, the least you could do is call it Blue-Violet. It's not like I'm wearing 473nm"

You may also find physical evidence of abuse, such as actual Lasers or laser paraphernalia. Unusual quantities or sizes of batteries, flashlights, or a collection of objects that either glow in the dark or florescence under "black light".

Just today I found the most appalling "stash" in my own house. Can you believe someone could do such a thing?

laserscropped003.jpg

Signed,
Addicted in Pekin
:D

Last edited:

i knew i had PAS when my 3 most visited sites are all related to lasers

i knew i had PAS when i spend on lasers because i *need* them

i knew i had PAS when i plan my lasers out more than my life

i knew i had PAS when i rejected friends asking me to go hangout because i wanted to work on lasers

i knew i had PAS when i had to check LPF while at a friends house

i have a PAS and im proud :crackup:

EDIT: i forgot a few

I knew i had PAS when i check my LPF tag in email more than my inbox

i knew i had PAS when i haven't used paypal for anything non laser in at least a year

Last edited:
I knew I had PAS when I started jerking off to beam shots and pictures of other peoples laser collections. (JK)

I knew I had PAS when I caught myself at work thinking about how I couldn't wait to get home to use my lasers.

I knew I had PAS when I realized that I spend more money on lasers than I used to spend on drugs.(Seriously)

Finally!!! A diagnosis! :D

At least I don't feel alone anymore because I see others have the same feelings and "splurge urges" as me. :)

Anyone know of a cure?? (Not sure if I want to cure it, however) :p

GBD

So what recovery process should one take incase they have this disorder?

Lase

Nice stash :D

Teddy Bears and Lasers. I never thought I'd see the two combined :p

I knew I had PAS when I looked at my computer and thought that the lights in it would look so much cooler if they were lasers.

Lase

Turn on two 1W+ 445 lasers
Proceed to point lasers in eyes
Hold there for 45 seconds
You will be cured.

By the way sopark, your 2500mW 532 must have cost you over 6,000? Depending on the stability anywhere up to 10,000.

Jesus christ.

benmwv

Nice collection Jcranmer!

I knew i had PAS when i bought a 300mw 635nm diode instead of a tank of gas

I knew i had PAS when i starting keeping lasers in my car

I knew i had PAS when i corrected a physics teacher on what color various wavelengths look like

I knew i had PAS when i saw my most visited web page was LPF

I knew i had PAS when i built my first (phr-803t) laser ;)

I knew i had PAS when i corrected a physics teacher on what color various wavelengths look like

One of the best things ever!

In soviet Russia

You teach teacher!

Last edited:

Lase

In addition:

I also knew I had PAS when I forked out over $2000 for 635 diodes just cause they were around the corner :p

Then I cried when the Mitzu's were released commercially.

Lase

In addition:

I also knew I had PAS when I forked out over $2000 for 635 diodes just cause they were around the corner :p

Then I cried when the Mitzu's were released commercially.

Lase

Nice collection Jcranmer!

I knew i had PAS when i bought a 300mw 635nm diode instead of a tank of gas

I knew i had PAS when i starting keeping lasers in my car

I knew i had PAS when i saw my most visited web page was LPF

I knew i had PAS when i built my first (phr-803t) laser ;)

I knew I had PAS when I started jerking off to beam shots and pictures of other peoples laser collections. (JK)

I knew I had PAS when I caught myself at work thinking about how I couldn't wait to get home to use my lasers.

I knew I had PAS when I realized that I spend more money on lasers than I used to spend on drugs.(Seriously)

i started something great :evil::evil::evil:

Teddy Bears and Lasers. I never thought I'd see the two combined :p

LOL! I knew I was going to hear about those darn bears. :D

That's our old people throw blanket. I'm always freezing and my wife is always warm. Since I never seem to win, I use her blanket to try to keep warm.

* I knew I had PAS after uploading the photo I noticed I missed 4 or 5 and considered getting everything back out and taking another photo. :eek:
* I knew I had PAS after purchasing an $800+ DSLR with the excuse that I needed an 18mp camera to take good beam shots. :wtf:

Last edited: