Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Overspec 150mw 532nm from forum member bobhaha

jeffez

Just a quick review on a green laser I purchased from a member on this forum bobhaha and to basically vouch for this guy if your ever considering purchasing anything from him.

The communication, shipping time, packaging ect were all top notch and I couldn’t have asked for a better seller to deal with. He was happy to answer any queries I had, both before and after the sale. He even threw in a free red laser diode :D

The green laser worked exactly as expected. Very bright beam, lights matches ect. Running over spec at around 170-180mw.

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Yup bobhaha is a great guy i have had more than a few video conversations with the man.

Benm

Sounds good then - do you have any images of the laser module, and any proper analysis of its output power, both in the short and long run?

jeffez

Sounds good then - do you have any images of the laser module, and any proper analysis of its output power, both in the short and long run?
Havent got any pics of the laser module itself but for showing the power output the seller made this video.

Sorry but he meter the lasers wrong. There must be some distance between the lpm and the lasers so the heat isint calculated.

Sorry but he meter the lasers wrong. There must be some distance between the lpm and the lasers so the heat isint calculated.

In such a short measurement session, the heat would have little to no effect, and on such an insensitive wafer-type thermopile meter, it wouldn't matter.

On a meter using a professional radial thermopile(such as Kenometer), then it is an issue.

IR leakage would be more of a concern with this setup.

dnar

Judging by the burning performance, I would say this laser is not far off the metered reading.

Lasersbee has already PM'd me about this issue. The only issue is the head is calibrated in free air and since the head in enclosed it will pick up the ambient heat from the head its self. But like goninanbl00d said, at such a quick test, from a cold start, this would not be an issue and if so, would only skew the results by 5% or so.

I have since removed the head from the enclosure and if you like I can meter it again. But the module it self was metered before it was sent to me and peaked at 204mw and had an average of 192mw. So if anything my readings were less then the output stated at purchase.

I am pleased to see you are happy with your purchase and that it got to you in one piece.

Thank you for the effortless transaction! +1 rep!

-Adrian

Last edited: