Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Out of the box ideas for what to do with 50 each 50mw 532mw laser modules?

Anyone here have ideas on how to make something awesome out of fifty each 50mw 532nm laser modules from an eight dollar China cheapo G301 laser? I'm thinking knife edging them but how much trouble is that?

532nmmodule_zps8d4c2ad0.jpg

Last edited:

3Pig

I would totally make a monster beam combiner, wouldn't want to be the one aligning that many mirrors though :p, but imagine the output power :O could get like 2 watts or more.

You mean to tell us you bought 50 ebay lasers just to take the 5$ module out of (which you can buy separately)?

I would totally make a monster beam combiner, wouldn't want to be the one aligning that many mirrors though :p, but imagine the output power :O could get like 2 watts or more.

I have a box of knife edge mirrors I bought from DTR LPF last year which came out of some projectors, thinking this might be a way to go but since they are all fixed in a stair step pattern, I guess the individual laser modules would then need to be mounted with a way to adjust each of them.

Last edited:
Laser Project, wish you had emailed me prior to buying those. I could have gotten you a better deal with modules that would output a higher power. Now, what to do with them? I think I would try to sell them. But, I don't know if you could get all your money back out. I wish I had a brilliant idea, but I don't. :(

What modules put out more that cost less? How much more power and how much less money? I could list them on ebay as a long throw laser flashlight, with the lens removed it is still somewhat collimated and has a hell of a throw and good for scaring away birds without blinding them.

Last edited: