Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ouch! Hurts so much!

It is your choice of what to do based on how you feel. It would probably be prudent to have your eyes checked though.

Honestly, to me, it sounds like youre probably causing more irritation to your eye via rubbing/fussing with it thinking that there's laser damage, than the laser did.

Honestly, to me, it sounds like youre probably causing more irritation to your eye via rubbing/fussing with it thinking that there's laser damage, than the laser did.

it is possible for sure... but i got a quick reflected flash from the beam of a laser pen on the right eye...and this is a fact.

probably i got influenced by the stuff i read around. thats why im not in hurry with a doctor.. if it was something like a spartan or a 400mw, i would have run to emercency.. but was only one of that 50mw dealextreme pens, that laserbee read like less than 30mw effective.

mod101

50mw is very small, tiny happen to hurt your eyes. Go to see your doctor and check. If you have any equipment, you can check the laser power, maybe it is more power than 50mw.

50mw is more than enough power to cause damage before the blink reflex kicks in.

Go see a doctor.

Tonga

A safety reminder for all of us, can never be too careful!

pain and redness are goone, all seems ok now.

will make a vision checkup later, to see if everything is ok.

Went to a doctor today... everything was ok, except some redness.. but he thinks is more because computer stuff, than laser pointers :) and gave me some eyedrops.

He also explained how to do a simple RETINA TEST for the future.

thanks again to everyone, hope this helps others too.

ciao

Last edited: