Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Osram PLTB450 1.4W 450nm Diodes

I have to get my hands on one of each of those amazing C-L lenses. Now to wait for Lazeerer to respond and send me a PayPal :p

I'm going to have to measure my osram's dot when my calipers come in because mine appears to get a significantly better divergence than my M140.

I have a G9 lens on that one and I think that they have alot better dot than the G2's

I would probably be running G9 lenses on all my M140s if I had access to a supply of them. Unfortunately I only have one and I hope to run it on the 9mm it came with :p

Think I'm going to give this diode a try... Using my last black big boy with a 1.4A setting gonna give it a huge sink. Just try to talk me out of it.

That one will make over 70 handhelds... guess what everyone is getting for Christmas this year:san:

Last edited:
Something tells me it wouldn't even lase at 1.4mA XD

I have actually been asked to make an osram build with a power output that is safer. Do you guys think I would be ok with an output around the spec power of the PL450B? The goal is to make a laser that a kid(age 10) could use (after still being drilled about the danger). I know 5mW is the blink reflex protection limit but the kid will be taught about the dangers and supervised and won't be using it around pets or pointing it at others.

Last edited:
Yep no need to get one of these. the pl450b has alot better beam and dot than these and if you are not going for over 1W then there is no need for the pltb450.