Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

optotronics

hi guys, my name is kevin. yes i might not have the best reputation right now, due to a friend that tried to annoy me. a few days ago i made an affiliate account with optotronics, so i sent it to a few friends that i thought might be interested in buying a quality laser. one of the people who got my link took it a bit too far and gave me a bad rep on here.
he posted multiple threads, under an account name that is similar to mine. containing my advertisement, and ive been getting email from angry people saying to stop spamming, confused i came here to find my name ruined.

SORRY about the abuse of this forum...

my ad:

hi all, my name is kevin compton. i am interested in purchasing an optotronics RPL-425 laser. a bit of a price drop would be nice, so i created an affiliate account with them. if you click on the folowing link, and make a purchase of something, i will get 3% of what you spent taken off of my laser. dont get me wrong, this is not just a "help me out". but if you make an account with optotronics, you too will recieve a 3% discount off of the product which you buy.

again, i apologize

That's nice you are trying to apologize for your actions, but I have serious doubts that this was done by a "friend".

IP addresses are logged for the forum, should be easy enough to find out if the 2 different usernames logged on from the same IP address. I posted such a thread in the Administrative section, we'll see what happens. If you really want something done or to see if it's the same person, pm c0ld and see if he can check the logs. I didn't because I know c0ld is a busy guy sometimes, and it wasn't important enough to me to warrant a pm (whereas if he has time to peruse the forums, I'm sure he checks that section and would see the thread).

Was kcomptonjr banned, or did he leave of his own volition?

i requested that the fake kcomptonjr leave. he really was not a friend. he was my dipshit brother. he used my email address name as his login name here. i just made an account here.
he really knows how to turn someone against someone else

JLSE

opto_kev said:
i requested that the fake kcomptonjr leave. he really was not a friend. he was my dipshit brother. he used my email address name as his login name here. i just made an account here.
he really knows how to turn someone against someone else

This was equally as entertaining when the last guy tried the same excuse :-/