Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optical Trapping

Things

I posted these on all the other forums, so may aswell do it here too :)

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1021.JPG

-Dan

I know that a picture is worth a 1000 words....
but I could only come up with 4.... RED... Laser... Labby... Dot...:thinking:

Jerry

i saw a thread about this a while ago... i have only pulled it off 1 or 2 times, for only a couple seconds at that..

do we know what does this?

jnrpop

the bright dot at the focal point is what i think to be the focus of the images! Possibly a spec of dust and some lucky camera shots?????

Great pictures things! I've never been able to get a good picture of this on camera, I should try it again with my new one.

Ive heard lots about this phenomenon, but never have i really understood exact.ly what it is. anyone care to elaborate?

Is this not the method being used by some in an attempt to create 3d mid air holography? Also how many mW is that laser?

I remember a thread some time ago mentioning this. I replicated this myself many times with my red lasers and even once with my green.

Basically you make sure the surrounding air is still and calm. Then place a burnable object in to the laser where its collimated to a pin head(best if collimated close to the aperature as in the pic above) Then slowly remove the obect trying to disturb the air as little as possible and if your lucky some of the burned material will remain suspened in the air at the focal point.

Sometimes they lasted for as long as 30sec while other times it would go out almost instantly. BTW :kewlpics:

I second the motion to ask somebody to please elaborate more on this subject :)

Things

Read the PL thread DZ linked to.

The laser is the "70mw" module from DX (It burns paper however so I think it's overacheiveing)

And no, it's not a spec of dust or smoke and the right timing, that little ball of light floated in there for around a minute and a half, which gave me time to get those pics. The first one shows a much more realistic size of the trapped particle, but in real life it is just a tiny point of light.

Read the PL thread DZ linked to.

The laser is the "70mw" module from DX (It burns paper however so I think it's overacheiveing)

And no, it's not a spec of dust or smoke and the right timing, that little ball of light floated in there for around a minute and a half, which gave me time to get those pics. The first one shows a much more realistic size of the trapped particle, but in real life it is just a tiny point of light.

Awesome, just read it.

Yet another thing lasers are used for, cool! :D

Switch

Is this not the method being used by some in an attempt to create 3d mid air holography? Also how many mW is that laser?

No I don't think so, that 3d scanner was making little plasma pockets with a highpowered pulse from a YAG laser using a set of galvos and a superfast focusing assembly that was able to precisely set the focal point at a given distance.

I have never managed to replicate this phenomenon myself , though I think it's one of the coolest effects, and also has pretty little reference on LPF.Does it work with any burnable material? Even tape? :undecided: Anyone tried it with bluray?

Things

I do think BlueFusion managed to get it to work on Blu-ray, although it's much easier on red.

I believe the material has to be fibrous, ie, a felt tip pen like I used for the pic.